How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2006
windowshopping

i love them off completely! the black, grey.....the shops are selling them big.

04-03-2006
rising star

I still prefer the more dense black jeans, never go out of fashion

04-03-2006
Adorable illusion

I love very dark jet black denim. Its different to the usual grey skinny jeans which are everywhere.

05-03-2006
windowshopping

I like the skinny black denim as well- but how long do you think this look will be around before it looks dated? And with that in mind, do you think it's worth investing in a "good" pair (I have my eye on the black skinnies by Habitual) or can I be happy with a pair from H&M?

I'm usually a quality over quantity girl, but I also don't want to spend alot on a pair of jeans that I'll hate two months from now...

05-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis14
I like the skinny black denim as well- but how long do you think this look will be around before it looks dated? And with that in mind, do you think it's worth investing in a "good" pair (I have my eye on the black skinnies by Habitual) or can I be happy with a pair from H&M?

I'm usually a quality over quantity girl, but I also don't want to spend alot on a pair of jeans that I'll hate two months from now...
We're not talking about orange jeans or acid wash here; black/dark jeans may vary in popularity from time to time but they're always present at some level. I'd be more afraid about the skinny part which is just a reaction to bootcuts and will eventually fade from the mainstream. If you want your jeans to last long get something like a slim but straight leg instead of a tappered one.

fashion icon

I'm glad I picked up the last pair of the old Sorahiko distressed sulfur-dyed black jeans at 45 RPM

05-03-2006
V.I.P.

I love black skinny jeans... so much more modern than ordinary blue denim.

06-03-2006
rising star

Just adding to the chorus. I have one pair of faded black (charcoal grey, really) skinny Nudie jeans and a pair of super black skinny Number Nine jeans. I love them. And they're EVERYWHERE in London. Everything from light grey, to faded black to overdyed.

06-03-2006
scenester

yeah... i have a pair of levis premium city straights, black overdye, and love em. the black is starting to fade and wear off in places, so its fading to 3 different colors; black in areas with no real wear, blue with some wear, and just a littlewhite coming thru on the thighs

06-03-2006
front row

i like black faded skinny jeans...but no thte ones that are soooo faded theyre grey like the ones posted on the previous page. i mean the genuine vintage levis that are supposed to be black but are worn out in some places

06-03-2006
V.I.P.

Black denim is a classic..... I will alway be a loyal fan of black & denim, so imagine black denim......

09-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

I like it but I'm already bored with it... it's the whole Kate Moss thing (at least in London and London influenced cities)... of which I'm getting sick and tired....

I think the specific trend is getting out of hand and has already become a uniform...

if you want to stand out of the crowd, grey skinnies is definetely a no-no... it will do just the opposite... blend you in...

09-03-2006
stories everywhere

i love black denim. I have this pair of black denim jeans (bootcut i think, more straight though) that are so fabulous. I've been wearing them for a few years though, so now they're fading beyond my comfort zone. it may be Rit time... I also have this amazing black denim jacket that I carry with my everywhere, it has a motorcycle look when it isn't buttoned to the throat. either way its very rock n' roll.

black denim can be very chic, it doesnt have to be trendy.

Last edited by oceanharlot; 09-03-2006 at 02:37 AM.
09-03-2006
rising star

melt977, I think it all depends where you live too. In some cities and towns you're right, and it's almost as much as a uniform as white gypsy skirts were last year.... but in other smaller places you can still stand out wearing grey skinnies.
Either way, I love black denim

09-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie
melt977, I think it all depends where you live too. In some cities and towns you're right, and it's almost as much as a uniform as white gypsy skirts were last year.... but in other smaller places you can still stand out wearing grey skinnies.
Either way, I love black denim
I aknowledge this... you are right... that's why I said tha I am referring to London and cities influenced by London fashion...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, denim