How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2005
rising star

Well I like little logos, like pique polos and imho there's nothing wrong with that, but when the logo is all there is to the piece, that's just lame

28-12-2005
front row

I hate 'in-your-face' logos.. They are not nice There was a time when, for example, Louis Vuitton was quite unique and vintage (many years ago) but then it hit the high streets and fakes were seen everywhere! Quite a lot of people just buy them and other things like 'DIOR' t-shirts etc. to make it look like they have the money to afford it - let me just say, MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU STYLE!

Last edited by lucy.b; 28-12-2005 at 04:40 PM.
28-12-2005
V.I.P.

i hate people who wear loads of logos, but the fact is...is that they are not actually pretty or anything special i meani think you can look much better in something from a cheap shop in classic colours rarther than designer logos looking like a market threw up on you...

28-12-2005
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
I can't say I am a fan of this look. I don't mind carrying logoed bags, and wearing logoed sunglasses, but logoed clothes for me are a no-no. I don't mind recognizable designs though, such as the Paddington
I totally agree! Bags and sunglasses are almosy impossible to find without logos, but at least they can be very discreete...

There's just no excuse for logowear when it comes to shoes and clothes! I have one pair of Prada Sport shoes that I love, but I always feel self-conscious when I'm wearing them. That tiny red stripe might be almost invisible, but it feels like it's too visible!

28-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
I totally agree! Bags and sunglasses are almosy impossible to find without logos, but at least they can be very discreete...

There's just no excuse for logowear when it comes to shoes and clothes! I have one pair of Prada Sport shoes that I love, but I always feel self-conscious when I'm wearing them. That tiny red stripe might be almost invisible, but it feels like it's too visible!
Isn't that just a bit over the top?

28-12-2005
slightly dizzy

^ Maybe I'm just being neurotic then? :p

28-12-2005
rising star

Yeah, you are I'd say don't worry about that red line, it's not like the thing would just be plain boring with out it, it doesn't have to be there and how ironically, that's just what makes it acceptable

28-12-2005
scenester

Nowadays there's like a ton girls at my school carrying those patterned Gucci and Coach bags with the logos everywhere. There's also the people who would wear their Coach shoes to P.E. Man, the more logos they have, the more they think they look so "pimpin" or whatever. Seriously, I think they appear more like trying hard wannabees! I don't mind one small logo somewhere on the shirt but I think too much looks a bit cheap. There's also those fake handbags (like those Louis Vuitton bags) nowadays so sometimes you can't tell if one is real. It's so annoying, really. *sigh*

28-12-2005
windowshopping

yeah I really hate shirts that have big logos on them, purses aren't as bad....
what about jeans with logos on the back pockets??

28-12-2005
scenester

I really like simplicity on fashion. I prefer those normal back pockets though with only tiny tiny logos.

29-12-2005
trendsetter

I used to know someone who insisted on wearing a GAP scarf , but making sure that the GAP label stuck out so everyone knew she bought it at GAP because you know GAP is a really sought after label haha.

Quite often I see girls with one piece of blatant designer clothing/accessory , like there was a girl on my bus yesterday dressed really plain but clutching onto a Chanel bag as if her life depended on it , same day I saw another girl with a Chloe Paddington bag but again wearing a plain outfit...it is sort of weird. By plain I don't mean bad I just mean like a basic top or jeans.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velouria
Logos are only acceptable if they are part of the design. I don't know if that made much sense, but I'm talking about stuff like the LV bags everyone has. I don't like those personally but I think things like that look better than say, a t-shirt that just says "Dior" on the front.
Yeah, I just don't see how the LV logo is at all attractive. I wonder if people would still like it if it wasn't Louis Vuitton. I'm guessing it might be viewed as ugly then.

29-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApertureRomance
I used to know someone who insisted on wearing a GAP scarf , but making sure that the GAP label stuck out so everyone knew she bought it at GAP because you know GAP is a really sought after label haha.
Ah yes, sending the message, "Hey, look everybody! I bought this where all of you buy all of your boring clothes! We all fit in together! Yay, let's all accept each other and be friends!!!!!"

I'm with you, Tott. I have a couple hats that have a tiny "Dolce & Gabbana" label in the back, and I hate that so much! You'd think it's small enough that people won't notice, but people are always like, "You're always wearing really nice stuff like Dolce & Gabbana!" And I'm like, "Well, actually I hate Dolce & Gabbana, but yeah...thanks." I'd remove the labels, but I'm going to sell them someday, and that'd be bad for resale. Anyhow...yeah, labels - no matter how small - are a nuisance.

Last edited by AlexN; 29-12-2005 at 01:11 AM.
29-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApertureRomance

Quite often I see girls with one piece of blatant designer clothing/accessory , like there was a girl on my bus yesterday dressed really plain but clutching onto a Chanel bag as if her life depended on it , same day I saw another girl with a Chloe Paddington bag but again wearing a plain outfit...it is sort of weird. By plain I don't mean bad I just mean like a basic top or jeans.
is that a bad thing?
I usually wear just one recognizable designer item (if any) at the time..and most often it'll be my handbag.. If I use my paddington, I rather use it with a basic top and jeans, than with something else screaming designer. Just beacuse your bag was 1300$ doesn't mean your tee can't be 25$.

The fake LV's and the big Dior logo sunglasses are big here though. Although it's expensive, it still screams tacky instead of classy to me..

29-12-2005
trendsetter

Haha no course it's not a bad thing. If I see someone head to toe in brands it usually makes me cringe I guess what I meant was that the rest of their outfit didn't seem to go ...if that makes sense without coming across as offensiv it was like they had deliberately dressed down so people would notice but they were nice handbags. If ladies who love shoes are Imeldas...then what do we call the ones who love handbags ?

I've never been a fan of LV hangbags , I quite like the cherry ones though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands