Brands: Show them or Keep them? - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2006
windowshopping

If it's not huge and drowns out anything else, then I have no problem with showing off a label. But if the insignia is big, then there isn't a chance that I'll buy it.

03-02-2006
trendsetter

Logos can work, like mentioned, on polo shirts, and on some handbags such as the classic Chanel flap bags and older Pradas, definetley not the Cambon line or the new stuff from Prada. Yuck.

(photo: www.neimanmarcus.com)

I hate logos, but don't have anything against people who do it tastefully.

The only sunglasses I would buy are the Dior Homme ones, because they have the tiniest logos. It's just not my style, to be a walking advertisement. My ideal outfit would be one that consits of no logos whatsoever.

People around here absolutley love them, which I cannot understand.

Typical mall rat outfit:

(www.designerclothing247.com)

(www.ioffer.com)

(www.otticalook.com)

(www.ebay.ie)

(www.ebay.com)

(www.shoprapunzels.com)

(www.4discountsportinggoods.net)

(www.b5z.net)

You will not believe how many teens/women wear this outfit. And they actually think they look good in that.

04-02-2006
V.I.P.

Logo hats are the worst.

04-02-2006
V.I.P.

I also hate t-shirts which has the brand printed on the chest.

04-02-2006
scenester

I think it's sad that the old Louis Vuitton classic gold monogram on brown leather has lost its charm. It no longer represents the past, but rather represents fakes and an overly commercialized culture. I wish I could think of Katherine Hepburn and her LV luggage when I see a Vuitton bag, but all I see are young girls in tasteless dress.

04-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I don't agree with you on that point... A logo is a logo, there's no such thing as a classy logo or a tacky one in my opinion....

I am very scared of logos.... I usually tear them off, if I can't I'll use a permanent black marker to hide them... Yes, I am obsessed with hiding logos...
I disagree. I think that logos can look classy, as long as they are not all-over. Take a look at the bee for Dior Homme...

eluxury.com

...would i prefer the shirt w/o it - Yes - but I still think it is a nice shirt.

And lacoste...the alligator is a classic

...those are just a few examples.

04-02-2006
windowshopping

i think logos just look tacky. i mean, a little label here or there's understandable, since the designer may want to be recognized for their masterpieces.

04-02-2006
backstage pass

big, obvious logo-ed things make me gag.
big, obvious knockoff logo-ed things are infinitely worse.
i avoid logos like the plague. if it's tiny and pretty much hidden, something that a person glancing at you wouldn't see, well, then, okay, i'm not going to go crazy about it. otherwise, i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. nothing can be more tacky than a big, pink, dior logo bag (again, infinitely worse if it's fake).

05-02-2006
front row

Just say NO to logo bags.

Hehe, except the old LVs....

05-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing_double
I disagree. I think that logos can look classy, as long as they are not all-over. Take a look at the bee for Dior Homme...
...would i prefer the shirt w/o it - Yes - but I still think it is a nice shirt.

And lacoste...the alligator is a classic

...those are just a few examples.
well to each there own.... it still IS a logo...

It's like wearing a signature designer bag... for example the balenciaga motorcycle bag... what's the difference btwn that an a bag with tons of LV logos all over it....!?

I don't see it....

05-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
It's like wearing a signature designer bag... for example the balenciaga motorcycle bag... what's the difference btwn that an a bag with tons of LV logos all over it....!?

I don't see it....
Well people would wear a motorcycle bag because they like the design of it. They like the shape, the details, etc. For LV, most people just wear it for the monogram.

07-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01
Well people would wear a motorcycle bag because they like the design of it. They like the shape, the details, etc. For LV, most people just wear it for the monogram.
But because of its popularity the design became a logo...I loved it 3-4 years ago, but now it just screams balenciaga/nicole richie. Such a shame

07-02-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01
I don't wear LV just for the monogram. I wear it because it represents old world to me ,timelessness, and supreme quality.

I know this comment could start a wildfire, but does anyone see being anti logo, ripping labels out clothes, etc. as being a "trend" in and of itself? It just seems to me like this is trying too hard to be "antifashion or trendy" instead of just wearing what you like, logo or not. I honestly don't see it as being more noble than following any other trend. Besides, if you really like a designer enough to buy his or her clothes, is it all that terrible to show a logo of that designer on what you are wearing?

07-02-2006
slightly dizzy

Well, pixie... Then it sounds like you're wearing LV for a good reason, sort of.

Anti-logo is a trend, there's always reactions to everything...

I try to avoid logos myself, but I can and will accept them if they're discrete. I wouldn't rip off the Moncler logo from my down jacket, or file away the Prada's from the hardware of bags (and no, they don't have visible triangle logos)...

07-02-2006
#Resist

I *do* wear what I like, but I also avoid huge logos like Prada's all-over ones. I was trying to think recently of one visible logo that I wear ... aside from printed buttons and maybe a leather jeans patch, I couldn't think of any. It's not that I'm religiously avoiding them (except for the really obvious ones, like I can't handle initials hanging off shoes), it's just that when I follow my taste I end up with a wardrobe without them.

The women in my family are the same way ... I can't remember any of them ever wearing logos, and some of them wear designer stuff. My first impression of LV was in college when half the girls had Speedys. So to me LV invokes the herd mentality of freshman girls

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands