How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2006
windowshopping

i think those in ur face logos are a bit tacky....dont really buy the whole idea. the most annoying thing right now is seeing someone with say a bag from a known designer and thier outfits just WRONG and they feel oh well my bag is expensive stuff everything else.. it even begins to look cheap n fake

04-03-2006
windowshopping

i think those in ur face logos are a bit tacky....dont really buy the whole idea. the most annoying thing right now is seeing someone with say a bag from a known designer and thier outfits just WRONG and they feel oh well my bag is expensive stuff everything else.. it even begins to look cheap n fake

04-03-2006
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine
Errrrmm.... old tfs-ers know my opinion about "flashionistas"

haha....flashionistas...
i that...

04-03-2006
tfs star

I think footballer's wives are the worst culprits for this. Steven Gerrard's girlfriend in particular.

05-03-2006
backstage pass

lol couldn't agree w\ u more ..
pathetic, like we totally got it, u can freakin afford it!! n then what.. ?
they don't get that it doesn't certainly mean that u have great taste, or u'r a major fashionista! :p
the prob is guys are doin it now :\
like ooh look at me im wearing an armani shirt and prada shoes, ooh im so stylish w ma79lt :p
okay we got it buddy, keep on movin :p
but hey, if the logo is there, it's there what can i do? i mean i don't get to throw the LV bag or the chanel glasses just bcz the logo is all over it, it totally fits, i never buy anything just b\c it's from a high-end brand or is trendy, it HAS to suit me, my taste and most important my figure..
and as u said, i could buy a 50 cent necklas and wear it w\ a cavalli dress, it's all about how it looks not by whom

05-03-2006
living in the sprawl

thank you ultra for coining such a fabulous term!

i hate being a walking advertisement and echo the sentiments of many here.

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
05-03-2006
front row

I hate to admit that I used to wear some logo t shirts and hoodies when I was in middle school and high school... but now that i'm outta there I have found it much more interesting and satisfactory to be able to purchase unique and tasteful items that don't show the logo..or at least REALLY obviously. I think the 'showing how you're branded' is a phase for some people..especially when you start developing a knowledge for fashion and different designers..but after awhile..you'll learn that wearing a tshirt that says DIOR is just plain tacky and nothing to be proud of (for me)

I still have items that show the logo ( Dior necklace, Gucci sunglasses..) but as long as it's discreet and you don't end up looking like a walking billboard...is fine.

Done tastefully, subtle 'logos' won't appear trashy..IMOP

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands