How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2005
front row

Brands: Show them or Keep them?
in my country am noticing a total rage with girls to hold the latest gucci bag or chanel sunglasses and the bigger the brand's logo the better

what about ur country?and what do u think of this?r u with it or without it?

off topic

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 29-12-2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines

28-12-2005
slightly dizzy

Huge, visible logos are a bit trashy IMO. I avoid visible logos as much as I can. And you don't see as much logowear on the streets as you used to a couple of years ago either, thankfully. Times change...

28-12-2005
front row

same
i feel big showy logos of brands r trashy n just a sad sign of tryin to show ur trendy n cool n got da money to buy it!

28-12-2005
front row

IMO, real fashionistas have no need to display the brand. It's more about high style and I get personal satisfaction knowing for myself, who I'm wearing rather than advertise to everyone. But then you get 'wannabes' who run up to you and ask, "who is that you're wearing?" That is so silly....

V.I.P.

Agreed. Absolutely unnecessary and not the least bit classy. Whenever I even see someone with a logo t-shirt nowadays, they look like an advertisement for that brand to me, which I think looks totally foolish. And when everyone is wearing logos, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the supposed exclusivity of the brand? The more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

28-12-2005
front row

well said everyone..i think brands is to ma self to see not to the world to advertise for..clothes r meant to be worn n have fun in mixing and finding ur own signituare..i dont mind buying something for 50 cent if it looks great..who cares!why ppl should me so materialistic?

28-12-2005
V.I.P.

My city is more or less poor and there are hardly any classy or chic people living here so any logo piece you will see is probably fake. Tacky, tacky.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by satin chic
My city is more or less poor and there are hardly any classy or chic people living here so any logo piece you will see is probably fake. Tacky, tacky.

where exactly in germany r u from satin chic?

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Logos are only acceptable if they are part of the design. I don't know if that made much sense, but I'm talking about stuff like the LV bags everyone has. I don't like those personally but I think things like that look better than say, a t-shirt that just says "Dior" on the front.

28-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velouria
Logos are only acceptable if they are part of the design. I don't know if that made much sense, but I'm talking about stuff like the LV bags everyone has. I don't like those personally but I think things like that look better than say, a t-shirt that just says "Dior" on the front.
i totallyyyy agree with u Velouria..if its with the design its nice but not like those big chanel sunglasses with the moooost biggest chanel logo on da side..espeically if the sunglasses dont really suit u..i mean duuuh..the whole purpose of wearing sunglasses is to protect ur eyes not advertise for chanel!!!!

28-12-2005
etre soi-meme

logos are over where i'm from, its only cheap imitation bags that are sold outside tube stations that sell the logo bags, eyewear etc...
so even those who can really afford logos avoid buying them as in original pieces because nobody would really believe they are authentic..

fashion is for fun and it is a style issue, logos are the epitome of tacky cheesy style

welcome to tfs fashionbutterfly , and yes you are right, our threads move FAST

28-12-2005
rising star

Lots of logos where i live, I just have a good laugh whenever I see one of those people walk by

28-12-2005
follow the lights

I see logos on clothing + bags everywhere....

28-12-2005
backstage pass

I can't say I am a fan of this look. I don't mind carrying logoed bags, and wearing logoed sunglasses, but logoed clothes for me are a no-no. I don't mind recognizable designs though, such as the Paddington

28-12-2005
rising star

I dont think that a small logo accessory is so tacky. If it fits, it fits..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands