How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2012
I don't know

Capri Pants (cropped)
I've been into this for a while now, I really love how it was done at Theyskens Theory.. There's something casual yet sleek about it. what are your thoughts?

I much prefer the fitted way of wearing it, not when it's baggy. I'm also not a big fan of it with flats as it tends to make a lot look stumpy (unless you're tall) but with heels it looks perfect

Pictures of how I love it styled from diverse Theyskens' Theory shows:

Then there's this beauty from an old McQueen collection that I love:

style.com

Last edited by saann; 25-01-2012 at 12:57 PM.

25-01-2012
flaunt the imperfection..

i saw something somewhere (stylesight i think)
and they called this trend...

honey, i shrunk the pants...

i'm still chuckling about that one!...
:p

25-01-2012
I don't know

^ That's hilarious.. I think this has a tendency of looking very off and mom-ish, but when done right with the right silhouette I love it.

I don't like Balmain but they have this rocker chic styling to it that I like. Could tone down on the detailing and embellishments though, it looks much better when it's cleaner. The spring 2011 collection was filled with this.. here are some:

style.com

Last edited by saann; 25-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
03-02-2012
fashion insider

Capri season can be a boon for petit, short-legged gals like me, altho finding ones that don't obviously look like grandmother's cropped pants can be tedious.

Luckily, the slim fit trend in pants lately, helps make the style look less choppy, boxy. I was at the GAP last week and tried on their LONG cropped work trousers and even they were waaay long on me

backstage pass

oh I adore capri pants! I loved them as a child, got sick of them, and now I've been back into them for a few years.

I think they're just like skinny jeans whereas on a specific build, they can look perfect. and also you can wear something casual with them like for instance a t-shirt or you can wear a blouse. It's lovely.

15-02-2012
windowshopping

They're part of Marc Jacobs' new collection, too.

Style.com

15-02-2012
front row

love this length of trousers but always find it difficult match shoes, other than ballet flats

Some Like It Hot

I think this is one of those Trends that have so many elements you have to get spot on, the fit (i.e. the tighter the better) is a specific one, otherwise, as saann said you can risk looking alittle mom-ish otherwise, and the other being the right materials and then its what you team it with, I really love Balmain's rendition of this Trend and it has translated really well for Street Style.

windowshopping

As a petite, I don't think they'll look good on me although I do like cuffing my skinny jeans/pants in the summer time. It's easier for me than investing in a pair of actual capri pants.

20-02-2012
front row

you really need to have the right ankle for it. and that's the key beyond any styling! slim, delicate looking ankle is a "must" to do this look justice. and petite or not doesn't really matter.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
capri, cropped, pants