It's so much better
When everyone is in
Are you in?
It's so much easier
When sea foam green
Is in fashion
Are you in?
- Are You In?, Incubus
Seriously, sea foam green seems to be everywhere (more so in the first few days of NYFW than in the most recent ones) and it's such an odd color to be trendy, IMO.
And also I've niticed there's lots of flower and geometric prints, but they're always around, I guess?
The hats I noticed, too. And chunky granny boots.
I will be the first to call the "see through" trend.
Jason Wu, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Thakoon, etc have all featured sea through tops and thin fabrics. Wouldn't be surprised if this caught on.
the 'button up' trend - continued from f/w 10
Cushnie et Ochs
3.1 Philip Lim
(okay, Philip doesn't have buttons, but you get the idea)
Last edited by OhSoTychonic; 16-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Omg, where to start?
-Prints, prints prints! Tribal, floral, plaid, and geometric. Specifically, the prints are over-scaled.
-I feel like a lot of the colors were very basic and primary, white and black seemed to be stand outs
-Off to the side belts that are tied; belts around outerwear
-Asymmetry in cuts and shapes, one shoulders
-Draping and draping with structure
And that's all I have xD
Last edited by SoBlonde; 18-09-2010 at 03:28 AM.
When it comes to color:
Desert colors which are very much like camel in terms of saturation and tone, but the hue is totally different (pretty much like chanel khaki nail polishes)
Tangerine was everywhere:
Variations of magenta and cyan were featured in many collections, some of them went all the way CMYK wise:
Other trends not related to color:
- Flowers stitched/embroidered over transparencies
- Very direct references to orthopedics in shoes and certain corsets and neck pieces
- V necks layered over round necks or collars / deep V necks
- Bandages (they feel very much like leeloo from the 5th element)
- plastic harnesses
- Knitted ropes over the clothes or in accessories
- Transparencies but not in a flowy dreamy way, more in a very stiff almost plastic like ascetic way
- straight lines layered one on top of the other (in skirts made of square panels, layered skirts, layered tops, etc)
- schyzophrenic prints that are huge, bold and all over the place like in Michael Angel
- A collar shirt that is not wide on the shoulders but that leave the whole shoulder area bare... I am pretty sure there is probably a word for that kind of shirt but it certainly escapes me.
Overall I think the mood has shifted from the romantic princess of the woods kind of vibe to a more clinical, precise and even cold atmosphere.
you used that brush for the cat and ruined my voodoo love spell .Golden Acapulco.
Hopefully it's okay if I ask a question. Are any of the following in for spring? If so, what colors?
My style icon is anyone who makes a bloody effort.
|11, catwalk, s or s, trends|