How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2004
backstage pass

yeah, i've been there. my cousins go to school there. yes, the guys are very hot.

BUT the guys at my school are just as or even hotter especially us men of FIJI -- whoop! go Texas A&M!

02-02-2004
stories everywhere

oh... FIGI. the fraternity?

Wanderlust

I'm from the south and the dressing down here is classy and conservative. Not too sure about Ole Miss, but Tulane (where I will be attending) has some nice dressers as well as LSU, both genders. I just think it is the relaxed feeling of the south that shows in the way the people dress.

03-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 10:42 pm
oh... FIGI. the fraternity?
yeah thats me

03-02-2004
front row

Yes- I forgot Tulane- FABULOUS dressing, as does LSU- I have friends at both I being Southern... it's dressy and it's casual! Plus, we have the best accent in south ms/la... it's southern, but still a tad 'nawlins' and we've got great college... I forgot Spring Hill!

03-02-2004
front row

I was just looking at my little sister's Seventeen magazin.

American college students really have style. Everyone here just looks normal 'cause they spend so much time studying and worrying.

04-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by fortezza@Feb 4th, 2004 - 12:03 am

American college students really have style. Everyone here just looks normal 'cause they spend so much time studying and worrying.
I guess my college would be an exception to that Everyone has fake LV multicolore murakami bags... wears head to toe abercrombie and juicy couture (tracksuit + bag + scarf) with trucker caps...also Novacheck overkill

04-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

My alma mater, Chadron State College, Chadron, NE, went one worse. Pretty much everyone went around in busted up old bluejeans and enormous, cruddy sweatshirts, if they even bothered dressing that much. I knew plenty of students who would shuffle to class wearing the sweats they'd slept in the night before and their messy hair shoved under a baseball cap.

I dressed pretty crazy then--a lot of vintage, a lot of kind of raver-style garb--and I was often one of the dressier students in any given classroom.

The closest group of kids having an indentifiable "style" were the cowboy/cowgirl set, who wore the regulation ***-tight Wranglers, Brushpopper prairie shirts, ect. Not a look I adore, but they at least went to a little more effort to pull together than most of the other students.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by meowmix+Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-fortezza@Feb 4th, 2004 - 12:03 am

I guess my college would be an exception to that Everyone has fake LV multicolore murakami bags... wears head to toe abercrombie and juicy couture (tracksuit + bag + scarf) with trucker caps...also Novacheck overkill [/b][/quote]
yeah same at my school. everyone is mostly from small towns so high fashion to them is abercrombie (not that they don't look good in it, but there is other stuff out there), and there are TONS of fake LV everywhere, EVERYWHERE. i would say the most fashionable people on campus are the greeks. especially my guys, why? cuz i help dress them i actually got one of bros to buy some dsquared jeans and a D&G top, hahaha but thats rare, very, very rare.

but yeah too many fake murakrami bags. and if someone does have a real louis its not one of those 'substantial ones.' there always pouchettes or key chain pouches.

07-11-2007
windowshopping

College Street Style
Check out this College Street Style blog:

www.stitchsociety.blogspot.com

07-11-2007
backstage pass

I'm quite impressed with the way many students at my university dress. I love the creativity If I wasn't so shy I would catalogue their outfits

oh! darling

I see a whole new aspect to fashion at my college campus. It's very impressive!

Before I started going, a lot of students told me to wear sweats because (1) it's easier to concentrate in comfy clothes and (2) you'll gain so much weight that it's easier just to wear them.

V.I.P.

My college is weird. A lot of people have dread locks, and you'll even see somebody wearing a cape witha fedora and wearing cut-off jeans. I mean who wears a cape? And where do you even buy a cape?

10-11-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthaeus123 View Post
My college is weird. A lot of people have dread locks, and you'll even see somebody wearing a cape witha fedora and wearing cut-off jeans. I mean who wears a cape? And where do you even buy a cape?

10-11-2007
scenester

All of the girls at my college dress exactly the same--

Leggings are MUST *gag* no matter what the body type =\
UGGs because we are in the cold almost all of the school year
Long North Face winter coats w/ fur hoods
Sweatshirts, sweatpants...
and no variety from this whatsoever.

It's kind of sickening, really. They claim to all love fashion but none of them stick out or get the idea of "fashion," I think.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
college, style