How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2006
rising star

i can't see this taking off with pastel colours, but i think it'd be quite interesting to see some red or green false-black skinnies. i'm actually thinking of dyeing some black jeans for a tint of colour, like a red-head who's dyed their hair black but you cna still a hint of the original colour in the sunlight.

29-03-2006
windowshopping

I could see this being done, but without contrast stitching. And if the color of the jeans is very bright the top has to be very plain, like white or maybe gray.

I'm considering a pair of flax-colored jeans myself.

Last edited by dare-; 29-03-2006 at 11:16 AM.
29-03-2006
rising star

those are ugly ewwwww

29-03-2006
Soviet Camaro

Red jeans are classic. Neon and pastel colors are almost impossible to work with, IMO. I like earth tones (browns, greys and greens) but I have to be careful because light colors make my legs look too thick.

In Bloom

My friend bought the dark green Miss60 jeans in the fall, they look great. I'd love a pair of really, really blue jeans. Like this, just...bluer.

we were in love

31-03-2006
V.I.P.

^ Totally seeing what you mean, loving that color for denim (which is in between classic blue and fresh colored denim) as well.. very fresh... (tired of the boring usual blue denim color)....

31-03-2006
windowshopping

I used to wear colored denim in the 80s. Brings me back memories. But I'm not a big fan of black or even grey jeans. I wonder who would want to wear these because I know it won't be me. I do love white jeans the most, though, because they can go with almost anything.

31-03-2006
trendsetter

i have the pastelle pink dior homme jeans, i think its to do with how you style them actually its really hard to find anything that goes with them so i hardly wear them, i think grey works well

31-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
i have the pastelle pink dior homme jeans, i think its to do with how you style them actually its really hard to find anything that goes with them so i hardly wear them, i think grey works well
I have them too! They are indeed very nice but quite hard to combine. Grey works well but I must say I think white is even better. Though Im looking for new combinations each day, do you have any tips of how you combine yours?

Last edited by vigge; 31-03-2006 at 03:53 PM.
31-03-2006
rising star

In the 80's I wore red 501's, and they looked awful--what looked so awful about them was the cut of the jeans with the color--it seemed all the colored jeans from the period were in a cut that didn't look good in anything but blue or black.

The pictures shown at the beginning of this thread show something quite different--I thought they looked great. Low-rise, and they fit differently in the thighs (besides being skinny jeans) than the 80's versions. If these modern stylings and cuts get put into the men's versions, I'll be on it. I'm so happy to see pure colors coming back instead of the way-overstressed faded dirty denim look.

I think it's time that more color started getting introduced again, and what a better way than with jeans?

windowshopping

im sure they look good on some people, just not me

01-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida
My friend bought the dark green Miss60 jeans in the fall, they look great. I'd love a pair of really, really blue jeans. Like this, just...bluer.
Golf punk do a great pair of cobalt blue jeans exactly that colour ! I've just been on their website but unfortunately I can't find any pictures.

backstage pass

Quote:
This is really hard to pull off...Dolce & Gabbana had green jeans for S/S 05, and Number (N)ine did another variation of the green jean for this season, although much skinnier. I would imagine green would be the most interesting color to see how it is matched in a wardrobe, although how much wear it would get in one's closet is questionable as it's probably IMO the hardest kind of pant to pull off.
I have a pair of bright green skinny leg jeans!!! I was nervous about buying something so hard to match, but I love them. I find that instead of wearing neutral toned jeans/bottoms and a statement top...the jeans itself are a statement and I wear just a plain black singlet/cardi and interesting jewellery with it. They are impractical, but fun!

01-04-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida
agreed on dark green and darker royal blue, very very fresh mainly for the young market (as already forecasted for fw0708) primal colours are supposed to rule in the future, the dusty dreish palette needs some primal details to become 'modern'

regardless my personal taste/choice i can totally see the rise of colour denim, and not neccesarily only in trousers..
this is something young mass market (breska, mango, h&m, topshop) can get money from, not surprised to see miss60 already doing the trend.. even levis has some real wicked red/white denim, in their men line

ps my fave denim jacket (now in its second year) is a genious dark greyish brown.

01-04-2006
windowshopping

I think the coloured denim is going to resurface as a part of the 90's revival. It will appeal to those who don't remember the "Cross Colors" era.
I would were some shades of coloured denim...darker (but I am bottom heavy so light pants are not my cup of tea). I cannot abide contrast stitching though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
colored, denim