How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2013
front row

commes des f*down clothing official?
I've seen this range of clothing a lot lately and have been wondering if they are official clothes by commes des garcon, or is it just someone ripping off the commes name. and by ripping off, i mean someone else came up with this slogan, not CDG themselves.

Last edited by tctra; 19-07-2013 at 08:06 AM.

19-07-2013
backstage pass

It isn't associated at all with Comme Des Garçons. I've red somewhere that the brand was originally named Calm The ****down and they later changed it to Commes Des ****down probably for the similar pronunciation in english and french.

I don't know

^Yep, not associated at all.

From a Vice article:

Quote:
A few months ago when we were freaked out hard over the Comme Des ****down hat that one of the A$AP Mob was wearing in their VICE shoot a couple of months back? Itmade us get all excited about streetwear again, even after tumblr completely over-saturated the internet en masse with endless photos of their swag new swag? Well, Ukrainian-born, Coney Island-raised Russ Karablin is responsible for turning us all into gaggling tweenage girls, as he designed the hats almost a decade ago, before recently re-releasing them as part of a whole Comme Des ****down range.

If you know your streetwear – as in, really know, not just who collaborated on the last Hundreds line, or whatever – then Russ's name will mean a lot to you. He has been running SSUR, his main brand, for the better part of 20 years, and has released an impossible amount of clothing under masses of different brand names, including The Cut, Rebel Ape and Natural Born, throughout that time. The brands he currently has on the go are SSUR, Comme Des ****down and Caviar Cartel, but that could change at any moment. I had a chat with him about his time designing streetwear and why his Comme hats are so ****ing cool.

03-08-2013
front row

Hehe...I wish, it would have been so much cooler and way more exclusive.

Tags
clothing, commes, des, fdown, official