How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Wow, thank you so much for the pictures. You've had some seriously awesome hair colors! I think the color in the last pic is my favorite, but they all look great. And you're very beautiful, btw! I wish my eyes were this light, too. I'm very pale with brown eyes, I might have to get colored contacts so the pastel hair won't wash me out, haha.

I assume the base color in the first pic is your natural hair color? So are you trying not to color it atm because you don't want your hair to be damaged from bleaching by the time it's the length you want it to be?
I kind of don't want to go too crazy right now because of work but I will have a very long summer break this year and that's when I will definitely finally get lavender hair

02-01-2011
unspecified

I've had so many colours in my hair, that I don't know if I can do something new. I think that the lilac is also my favourite, but it stayed very few days, it washed off really quickly. My base color is practicaly that, and indeed that is why I'm letting it grow, you need to dye it very whiteish. I tried to maintain the roots, my hair was in perfect shape, but after six retouches of roots it was straw, so I had to chopp it off. I want to have lilac long hair, so I'm trying to tie my hands and dye it only once it reaches the waist or something...
In another note, THANK YOU for all the kindest comments!!!! Although I think that the hair is what's very complementary. And it it's not in your face as other colours, I had thousands of people saying nice things about it, even the elderly that aren't very supportive with crazy hairs. I dyed my eyebrows, because with such delicate colours it was very contrasting.
thank you very much for all the love!!!! Will search for more in the next days.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
03-01-2011
V.I.P.

Aww, you're very welcome, of course
Waist long pastel hair, that's going to look soooo gorgeous I wonder how all the celbrities do it, bleaching their hair over and over again without it being completely fried and damaged. Even just the streaks I bleached look horrible in comparison to the rest of my hair.

It's funny you mentioned that you got a lot of compliments from people for your hair colors because whenever I tell anyone I want to dye my hair lavender they all think I'm crazy and that it's going to look awful but I think once they see it they will realize it's not as "punk" or "emo" or "hipster" as they think :p I love bold colors like hot pink, turquoise and purple as well, but I think pastel colors are really something different. It gives you more of a romantic look

BTW, what hair dye do you normally use? Manic Panic? I've used LaRiche's Directions before and it really doesn't last very long, even the red shades faded completely after a few days. Stargazer is great but they don't have many nice pastel shades.

It would be awesome if you found more pictures you can post here. It's always great to see examples from real people in contrast to all the super heavily photoshopped editoral pics.

03-01-2011
tfs star

Psylocke, Manic Panic is definatly a better dye the Directions. I didn't like Directions at all, but in the end I found Special Effects dyes are better then any I tried.

Last edited by Deborah; 03-01-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
05-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Psylocke, Manic Panic is definatly a better dye the Directions. I didn't like Directions at all, but in the end I found Special Effects dyes are better then any I tried.
Special Effects are definitely the best, hands down. Especially the darker colors, they take a very very long time to wash out, and I like their gel consistency better than the Manic Panic cream.
I did a big chunk of hot pink in my hair right before Christmas, then I realized that was a mistake, I'm a grownup, and can do whatever I want with my hair, but if I can avoid silly comments at family holiday parties, well.
So I shampooed my hair a whole bunch, and it's like the pink never happened, but now that the hols are over, I am getting the itch again. I have my toner, so if I get really tired of the pink I can just toner over it, like I normally do. And my hair is relatively short right now, I like the look of streaks on longer hair, but with my current hair, not so much. Ok, rambling. Anyway. Choices to make.

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Thank you both I've never tried Special effects because it's not available in my country (and neither is Manic Panic) but I'm going to order a ton of new colors from an online shop. I guess I'll try both MP and SE.

Haha, I'm always scared of what my family might think of my crazy colored hair, too. And I hate that my job - I work part time as a teacher in a private school - makes it almost impossible to go really crazy with my hair. My students would have even less respect for me than they do now

05-01-2011
trendsetter

You can do what I used to do when I worked more conservative jobs, that was to hide the streaks a bit closer to the crown, further away from the front of my face. That way they're only visible when my hair is down, and (depending on the updo) invisible if my hair is up in a bun or something.

Last edited by dauphine; 05-01-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: grammar
06-01-2011
backstage pass

I tried some temp pastel colored spray today. It turned out a bit darker on me, probably because my hair is a bit dark to do pastel to begin with. It was more pastel at first, but it ended up darkening a bit.

trendsetter

Oooh. That looks awesome. I have been meaning to put more pink in my hair, but I always forget about it until after I've washed my hair. Oh well.

07-01-2011
unspecified

that is spry????? wow!!! or is it a special permanent spry??
None of those are available where I live. In fact, it is already difficult to find these colours because it is a very conservative and punishing country..
The best way I found is to apply a non-pastel tone, like a dark purple and wait until it washes away. The best one available here is Alpha Parf Jeans colour.
People always are against hair projects, but in the streets if I have to compare, the reaction to pastel hues were always good!
Here's more examples of my ever-changing hairs.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
08-01-2011
backstage pass

Wow, you had some amazing hair colors! I'm jealous!! You pull off the pastel look really well. And yes, I just used a spray that you wash out, it's not permanent at all. I would love to try pastel hair in the future, the only thing holding me back is the risk of the job i get not accepting it...

trendsetter

So, put a pink streak in, it's kind of a wimpy one, but I like to start small, and add more on later rather than overdo it. I'm probably going to add another streak in a few days. I wish my hair were longer.

08-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
You can do what I used to do when I worked more conservative jobs, that was to hide the streaks a bit closer to the crown, further away from the front of my face. That way they're only visible when my hair is down, and (depending on the updo) invisible if my hair is up in a bun or something.
My streaks are very subtle so luckily that isn't a problem. In winter I wear huge scarves and you can barely see my hair (or face ) anyway. But I really want to dye my whole hair lilac

I only have about 5 or 6 streaks now and I plan on doing a few more until my hair is all lilac, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit Lucille View Post
that is spry????? wow!!! or is it a special permanent spry??
None of those are available where I live. In fact, it is already difficult to find these colours because it is a very conservative and punishing country..
The best way I found is to apply a non-pastel tone, like a dark purple and wait until it washes away. The best one available here is Alpha Parf Jeans colour.
People always are against hair projects, but in the streets if I have to compare, the reaction to pastel hues were always good!
Those pics are amazing! Thank you again. I'm in love with your hair in the pic where you're wearing that pink watch. Love the cut, the color and the way you styled it
And also, I guess it really is best to use any color and let it fade because my streaks are a lovely lavender / pink shade now because the plum dye has faded. But when I applied lavender dye some time ago it didn't change the color of my hair at all.

ScarlettLover you look amazing in that picture! The hair, your coat and that lipstick... WOW!

I'm so happy this thread is so active again

20-01-2011
fashion icon

Photo taken by me

So this is what my hair looked when I first dyed it- it wasn't really a pastel color yet but it soon faded into one.

rising star

This might sound like a really stupid question, but is it posisbly to get decent quality narrow hair extensions in pastel colours? I am effectively after a lavender streak that I can put in when I like without dying my hair...I am a coward, I know!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
candy, coloured, cotton, hair, pastels