How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah I can imagine it's hard to pull off bold colors clothes-wise when you have pink hair. That's never an issue for me because I only wear black and grey anyway :p

My only problem with having colored hair is that everyone thinks I'm a teenager and I'm actually 24. It's awful, I'm being informally saluted everywhere I go. But I love my purple hair too much to go back to a more natural color.

09-03-2011
unspecified

I hear both of you. When my hair was aquamarine, it was so difficult to find what to wear without having some idiot classify me into some wrong cathegory, which are always wrong, but moreover if you really have nothing to do with it nor look like you could belong there..
I hate the meaning of people thinking you are a teenager just because your hair is dyed in another colour that isn't blonde/black/red/brown.
Also having to explain why you dyed it.. I cannot find a way to answer truely without sounding rude, but I reach to the conclusion that the fact that I have to explain why I chose to do something with my own hair is already rude.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
09-03-2011
rising star

This is how my hair has been for a while now. Unfortunately due to my part Asian hair I probably won't be able to have it for much longer because the bleach is killing it Excuse the face, it was early in the morning.

I tend to wear mostly black so colour clashes haven't been a problem! I can't imagine having to colour coordinate with all your clothes as well as your hair, that would drive me nuts.

09-03-2011
trendsetter

^
your color looks great though, IMO - are you going to go back to your natural color, or just let the roots come in and continue to pink the bleached parts? I think that would look really good.
I actually wear mostly black as well, but all that stuff that is an accent color, and I have this acid-pink leather handbag I can't wear anymore, otherwise I am matching my bag to my hair color. Big bummer.

09-03-2011
trendsetter

Hey for all the NYC'ers on here. I saw this on Craigslist and immediately thought of the Pastel Hair thread. I sure do not model, but Manic Panic is looking for two ladies for their spring lookbook.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/crg/2257037060.html

10-03-2011
V.I.P.

amour_amour363, your hair is amazing!!!

Ok, so today I was in the atrium the of my University the first time since the semester started 3 weeks ago () and we were only about 100 people there and I spotted four other people apart from me with colored hair One girl had very bright cotton candy pink hair, another one had fiery red hair and I spotted both a guy and a girl with dark green streaks in their brown hair. And I also had a guy in the city approach me to ask about my hair dye, haha. Looks like it's becoming quite a trend around here.

18-03-2011
trendsetter

Manish Arora FW11

Gratuitous non-pastel model, just look at this dress. Stunning no?

from trendland.net

20-03-2011
trendsetter

More craazy neon than pastel, but this lady's hair is really something.

According to the OP, it's Special Effects Atomic Pink.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=67775

24-03-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

great color, amour_amour363!

Psylocke, "Mystic Heather" is my favorite of the ones you've tried

i wear a lot of black & grey clothing too! occasionally i like color. i think lavender hair would've worked with my style. i don't know about matchy matchyness but i think i still would've rocked my lilac skinny jeans, i think keeping it casual is key. though one of my girl friends is always decked out in accessories galore and it works for her.

pale pink is a cute hair color but i think it would've been too much when i wear blush / lip stuff, or when i'm flushed, i'll just look like a pink blob. i could look younger or like a doll so easily eww i don't get why girls like looking like that...

my guy friend used to change his hair color all the time. we were hyper blonde at the same time, it was a hoot! i remember once he showed up to the club with pink hair, an asymmetrical haircut, black tee with cool drawing of a girl in pink, i gotta say he worked it! (he is metro as hale too )

Last edited by kissablekae; 24-03-2011 at 08:49 PM.
25-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Yeah I can imagine it's hard to pull off bold colors clothes-wise when you have pink hair. That's never an issue for me because I only wear black and grey anyway :p

My only problem with having colored hair is that everyone thinks I'm a teenager and I'm actually 24. It's awful, I'm being informally saluted everywhere I go. But I love my purple hair too much to go back to a more natural color.
It's not that bad having ppl think you're younger, but it can be annoying sometimes. I get it all the time..I once got carded when I was buying pain killers, I think you have to be 18 to buy them and I was 22. Anyway when I had pink hair I found it really hard to find clothes in my closet that looked good with that hair color, and it wasn't pastel pink..

V.I.P.

zinio.com (BlackBook Magazine)

03-04-2011
trendsetter

I like the top picture. I am letting my hair rest up a bit, i think in a month or so I am going to dye a big chunk of it pink. I want pale pale pink this time, so I think I may have to bleach a section. It's so hard for me to not do stuff to my hair, so I am *trying* to wait as long as possible.

03-04-2011
trendsetter

^Trying to grow my hair out that long.

****yeahairspo.tumblr.com

Last edited by Petit Lucille; 13-06-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Please, no urls as credits.
08-04-2011
trendsetter

pinterest.com

12-04-2011
trendsetter

fashioncopious.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
candy, coloured, cotton, hair, pastels