How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Wow, that looks amazing.

13-04-2011
V.I.P.

nylonmag

25-04-2011
trendsetter

A question for the pastel-hairies out in the TFS universe:
Is there a way to fade manic panic more quickly, without using bleach/color remover? I am trying to preserve my natural looking base color. I did a huuuuge chunk of cotton candy pink hair this weekend, I lurve cotton candy pink, but then I painted in a few 'lowlights' of divine wine, and I am not nuts about the darker hot pink color at all. Shampooing it definitely helps, but I am kind of a non-shampooer in general. So. Thought I might ask.

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

^No idea what options are left if you don't want to bleach or to shampoo. I would have said wash your hair with Head&Shoulders or Lush's I Love Juicy. That's what I do. Excessive sun exposure would probably help, too

Obsessed with Charlotte Free's hair in this shot:

Tumblr Glassfox

25-04-2011
trendsetter

I have been shampooing it, but I am actually trying to phase shampoo out of my life, so maybe in a good way it's helpful because I am using up all my shampoo?
I should know by now to only stick to the really pastel-y shades. Thinking of picking up Pretty Flamingo and Mystic Heather next time I am out. I'm really in to that my little pony hair. I need to cool it and stick to pastels only for the next month or so anyway. My cousin is getting married in June and I am not sure how to make candy hair wedding-appropriate, besides putting it up in an intricate updo which my hair is too short for lately.

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

I'm curious about the not using shampoo anymore. Do you plan on only washing your hair with water in the future or will you replace shampoo with something else?
I love Mystic Heather, probably the best shade I've ever tried And about the wedding. If you use a very light pastel shade then maybe you could put some flower clips or a headband or something kitschy like that in your hair to give it a more romantic look? I'm sure there's a way to make candy colored hair look sleek and elegant, it's definitely much more wedding appropriate than a bolder color.

25-04-2011
trendsetter

Right now I have been co-washing my hair, but I plan on switching fully over to baking soda and vinegar rinses at some point in the future. Tutorial here:
http://thehairpin.com/2011/04/how-to...=Google+Reader

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Thanks for the link. I often think it's weird how we're so dependent on all these chemical products. I've stopped using any creams on my face (other than vaseline) and try to get rid of other things, too. I once saw a documentary about a poor family in Cambodia and they could only wash themselves in the river and they all had the healthiest skin and shiniest hair I've ever seen and it really made me think why I spend so much money on all these products and make my body get used to all that when it's not even necessary.

25-04-2011
trendsetter

I generally try to avoid petroleum byproducts, I used to work in a painters studio, and am kind of allergic to oil paint - I can't work with it for over an hour without getting itchy all over. With those kind of things, it's easy to work up an intolerance really quickly, and it's kind of like, once a person is intolerant of oil-based paints and solvents, there's no way to go back. One of my professors loved to recount the tale of an older woman who had been a printmaker all her life - she developed really bad joint pain, nobody knew why, until she realized she couldn't handle oil-based materials at all, ever. Once she replaced her oil-furnace, and started working with water-based printmaking inks, it cleared itself up.

That and it's cheap! Enough baking soda and ACV to last me a year will cost me like, $1.

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Sounds really good! But I love the smell of shampoo so the thought of not using any at all anymore seems kind of hard to me, especially because I've been using shampoo on my hair every single day since I was a baby But it's definitely worth considering quitting shampoo for a while and see how it goes.

26-04-2011
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Obsessed with Charlotte Free's hair in this shot:
wow that's gorgeous!

i agree with the less is more philosophy with hair products too, especially if i'm not doing much to my hair color wise, if i'm not trying to maintain color or moisture, i don't want to use much stuff. but i do love the fresh out of the shower hair with nice shampoo scent

Last edited by kissablekae; 26-04-2011 at 04:27 AM.
26-04-2011
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
It's not that bad having ppl think you're younger, but it can be annoying sometimes. I get it all the time..I once got carded when I was buying pain killers, I think you have to be 18 to buy them and I was 22. Anyway when I had pink hair I found it really hard to find clothes in my closet that looked good with that hair color, and it wasn't pastel pink..
lol i just got carded recently for buying cough syrup i'm 23

this thread makes me wanna do crazy things to my hair! ughh :p

one of my customers had green braids in her blonde hair, it was quite a cool look, i think they were extensions though

26-04-2011
trendsetter

Extensions are fun! I can't wait til my hair gets longer. I have a pack of #612 blonde weave tracks just waiting to be dyed. I just have to wait til my hair is long enough that I don't look like David Bowie with the colored extensions in.

morethings.com

26-04-2011
trendsetter

Kind of candy-raver, but nonetheless a good idea for (most likely) pastel extensions.

selfconstructedfreak photobucket.

30-04-2011
V.I.P.

Charlotte's is perfection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
candy, coloured, cotton, hair, pastels