How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2010
backstage pass

paramore.net

16-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I ended up doing it with a friend in my dorm room bathroom. I kept the dye in for two hours but it never showed up in my hair! What a bummer... I suppose that teaches me not to use organic, vegan dye! However, I am going to buy a different color (and brand) soon and try it again. We also dyed my friends hair black and worked really well... its not hard to dye your own hair if you do it right. Just make sure to use vaseline around your hairline!
Oh sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant if you bleached the streaks where you put the lavender in at home. Dying my whole hair myself I'm experienced with, as I've been doing that for about ten years. I'm just not sure about bleaching my own hair.
That sucks the lavender didn't work in your hair! Would have loved to see pictures of how your hair looks with the lavender streaks. But I don't trust organic dye either. I bought an organic dark red dye once and it turned out a honey-ish yellow, it was hideous

17-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Oh sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant if you bleached the streaks where you put the lavender in at home. Dying my whole hair myself I'm experienced with, as I've been doing that for about ten years. I'm just not sure about bleaching my own hair.
That sucks the lavender didn't work in your hair! Would have loved to see pictures of how your hair looks with the lavender streaks. But I don't trust organic dye either. I bought an organic dark red dye once and it turned out a honey-ish yellow, it was hideous
Oh sorry, my bad! I didn't understand what you were asking exactly. I didn't bleach my hair because I was told it was light enough so I wouldn't have too. I guess thats a lie. I also am not so keen on bleaching my hair because I really like my natural hair color and would like to be able to get back to it if I want too.

20-11-2010
rising star

I tried the spray from Kryolan.. It made my hair pink, and superstiff! But I think it looks kinda cool. Great for one night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bilde 192.jpg (71.6 KB, 5 views)

V.I.P.

Ah, you're lucky to have such light hair then, YoninahAliza! My natural hair color is a dark blonde, but I've dyed it dark brown and lots of other dark shades so there's no way I can get pastel hair without bleaching my hair.

teakrist, that actually looks quite nice considering it's only sprayed on! Maybe I should try something like that, too. Before I go ruin my hair with peroxide

models.com, ilovewildfox, theones2watch

Last edited by Psylocke; 20-11-2010 at 12:43 PM.
25-11-2010
V.I.P.

Tumblr Candy Colored Hair

29-11-2010
V.I.P.

I'm slowly but surely getting closer to finally having pastel streaks in my hair. I started bleaching some streaks but they're not white enough yet to make the lavender work. I'm really excited though because I think the pastel is going to look great with the shade of brown that my hair is at the moment. I'm so going to try all sorts of pastel shades!

Anyone have any idea how to achieve a peachy color like this? What shades would I have to mix? Maybe tangerine and baby pink?

cover.dk

20-12-2010
trendsetter

I'm thinking about doing some peach highlights in my hair, or something to it. I keep it pretty light blonde, so I usually put some panic panic in it or something a few weeks or so before I re-do my roots, that way it's faded out when I re-do the color, anyways. I'm getting really tired of having the manic panic come out too dark, I usually use the 'divine wine' color, but it comes out pink, which is fine.
This time I would like to do a more pastel color from the get go, a teal, or lavender, or peach. I dunno. I like to use up a container of color before I switch, but pink is just not cutting it.
Thoughts?

21-12-2010
V.I.P.

^Sounds awesome! Go for it and make sure to post pics I think you should try all kinds of pastel shades, you're so lucky to have very light hair.
I still haven't managed to get mine light enough for the lavender hair dye to work.

21-12-2010
V.I.P.

I love love the first picture in post #126

trendsetter

Got some Manic Panic Divine Wine streaks soaking in to my hair as I type. Pics to come soon.

23-12-2010
tfs star

i like more subtle - something like kinga rajzak has

credit:aestheticassembly.com

29-12-2010
fashion icon

My sister and I are putting Manic Panic's Atomic Turquoise in our hair tomorrow... only a strip though! I'm excited to see the results of it... I hope it looks good. Does anyone know what the color looks like when it fades away?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
My sister and I are putting Manic Panic's Atomic Turquoise in our hair tomorrow... only a strip though! I'm excited to see the results of it... I hope it looks good. Does anyone know what the color looks like when it fades away?

Exciting! I'm sure it will turn out great, as for what it looks like when it fades, really hard to say, depends on a few factors, like how porous your hair is, how light it is before you put the Manic Panic in, etc.

02-01-2011
unspecified

Psylocke, my many pastel hair colours in the past are so vast, that I have to search in my archives. In fact, I doubt there's a colour that I didn't try.
I'm trying very hard to let it grow very long without any colouring until it reaches great lengh and then I'm planning on going crazy again.:p
For now:

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
candy, coloured, cotton, hair, pastels