How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2008
windowshopping

I like Alexa in that picture, minus the shoes. Pixie on the other hand.....

11-04-2008
backstage pass

i really don't get all that media fuss about the geldof girl. she's an average teen with a not so pretty face, no fashion sense whatsoever and a famous father, so what.

11-04-2008
backstage pass

Thought I'd post mine...

Last edited by shutterbug; 11-04-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: bad coding sorry, in blogger mode >.<
13-04-2008
I don't know

laredoute

14-04-2008
backstage pass

^you look great, shutterbug!

31-05-2008
flaunt the imperfection

i like chambray better than denim usually...
i have a couple, one from APC and one from H&M
but some of the dark denim dresses are looking pretty good lately...
i esp love the Isabel Marant one on page one...

imo...

02-06-2008
tfs star

Why do a lot of people like to hide their faces in pictures? You're a star! You should be seen. Why be shy? ...I should be asking the same question for most Myspace people who don't show off their style or faces...

Miss Sixty can make a hot pair of bellbottom jeans, but I learned they can also make lovely dresses (Post #49). That dark denim number looks amazing. Its style is lovely and also a bit sensual. A pair of high-heel pumps or sandals will do that dress complete justice!

Let me holler at shutterbug a bit in Post #63... I never realized a blazer with a denim dress, black stocings (or leggings?), and some knee-high boots can look so amazing. That Jacob Connextion dress is absolutely stunning! The way the dress is shaped and how well it fits really provides great style. The dress goes down to just a point in which it's almost a perfect length- not going down to the knees, yet not up too high to be a miniskirt. It's perfect balance for a lovely dark denim dress. You went for boots here in your picture, but pumps and sandals (as long as they aren't flat) would also go well with that dress. * The dress in Post #64 is very cute. Almost like little girl chic for the 20-something... and it works. Almost as if wearing some regular socks with school girl maryjanes would make you the cutest femme on the street.

I have to applaud some of the different dress designers showcased here. The challenge I've thought about is if these designers can make dresses that are every bit as wearable and enjoyable as a femme's favorite pair of jeans. And much to my delight, some of these newer pictures show that the mission has been accomplished. My pick for MVD (Most Valuable Dress) would go to the Jacob Connextion dress worn by Vancouver femme, shutterbug in Post #63. I'd be interested in what designer(s) created some nice LONG dresses. Long meaning near mid-calf or floor-length. I'm always drawn to the appeal of floor-length skirts and dresses, especially those that flare out in such grace. Keep the pictures coming! I like these dresses.

tfs star

[UPDATE] The Gemma dress ( http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...5&postcount=40 ) does look lovely, but I still take the Jacob Connextion dress over the dress from Post #40.

i'm almost ready..

pretty sure this is denim...

sari gueron resort 2009

style.com

18-06-2008
backstage pass

^nice!

and john, i think a lot of people do not want to show their faces because it' s becoming easier and easier for ad firms and marketing profilers (and for hackers, btw) to connect people's several online identities and sell the info. i myself would not want the whole world to know about every little thing in my life, let alone have informations about me and my lifestyle and consumer habits brokered all around the world.

off topic, but very much true.

18-06-2008
backstage pass

I totally hate them, those demin dresses look cheap and childish. Demin should be use only for jeans.

tfs star

(in response to Post #71) At least some designers show that certain styles can be pulled off and made fashionable. A strange theory is that for every failed attempt at making a fashionable and acceptable garment, there will always be that one designer or design that proves as exceptions. I praised about two denim dresses I liked in this thread as of this post. Make that praise go from two dresses to three because I love the second denim dress from Post #69. The way the dress flows is amazing.

My storyline for denim dresses was if designers could make denim dresses as lovely as any non-denim dress while being every bit as wearable as fun as a pair of jeans. Shutterbug was real stylin' in her Jacob Connextion dress as was the one from Post #40. I even like the dress from Post #64. At least designers are giving denim dresses a chance. Maybe there's room for going out sporting any of the denim dresses featured in this thread. I personally prefer denim dresses that look every bit as stylish as any sundress or any kind of formal dress. The one fault I have with denim from pictures I've seen is that denim doesn't flow very well. It's not a drapey fabric. I find draping to be beautiful. The most of what I've seen from these denim dresses are mostly nice, slim-fitting dresses.

In case any designers come up with one, I'd be interested to see any stylish long denim dresses. Maybe even of maxi dress type. In fact, I'd love to see ANY stylish long denim dress.

backstage pass

Thanks John_M! I just noticed that my dress is very very similar to Gemma's, except in a darker color.

What about the collaboration between Alber Elbaz and Acne Jeans?

From nitrolicious.com

Last edited by shutterbug; 19-06-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo
24-06-2008
V.I.P.

they only work at this day and age, if they are light weight.

24-06-2008
rising star

^yups. totally agree.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
denim, dresses