How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2008
tfs star

You're welcome, miss Shutterbug.

I've noted in the past that my storyline with denim dresses is about making them every bit as fashionable and fun as any regular dress. * I haven't seen very many sundresses this Summer around my way. I hear shirtdresses are hot right now. If that's true, then the very first picture from Post #73 (first picture, right image) will get some femmes excited about denim shirtdresses. * The second picture (image on the right) has a lovely dress. Not sure if this is something you can get away with wearing at the office or not. While the black Louboutin (I guess they are judging on the red soles) pumps look nice, red espadrilles or red peep-toe would also work. I guess I've started to like red pumps and sandals with blue denim bottoms. * The final dress I want to mention is in the fourth picture (image on the right). That screams semi-formal or evening. This shows that you can share your love of denim dresses into the evening hours with the strapless design. If your shoulders or arms get cold, I'd probably think of wearing a sweater shrug rather than overkill the denim flair with a denim bolero or jumper.

Denim doesn't have to be just for jeans. These designs show it's possible to love your favorite pair of jeans, while having a lovely denim dress you can love just about equally. I like the more chic dresses than a lot of the casual-type dresses. Maybe longer, button-down denim dresses would be lovely for colder weather along with knee-high side-zip boots. Otherwise, there's plenty of reason to be excited about denim dresses for those who love these.

25-06-2008
front row

i'm sorry, i just hate them in any context. denim just hurts my eyes worn anywhere but the lower half of the body.

26-06-2008
tfs star

Even... denim jackets and boleros, shewar?

a hymn to darkness

Very nice, Shutterbug...

Mines...
Thrift find..
Not rly a dress, but a tunic...
Might wear it today w/ a blk. tank
blk. shorts, & suede t-straps w/ grey studs
& a blk. sportiff-esque carry-all...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M. View Post
Even... denim jackets and boleros, shewar?

who still wears boleros? yuck. sorry. can't do it.

07-08-2008
In Bloom

Oh damn, I just bought one.

we were in love

07-08-2008
fashion insider

I really like it! It looks so simple which I love!

14-09-2008
front row

i think it can be done actually!
the marc by marc ones is adorable
and i honestly like the denim overall type dresses ha
hill-billy chic haha

08-01-2009
backstage pass

I'm normally not a huge denim dress fan, but I loove this one from topshop.com I just ordered it a couple days ago.

08-01-2009
tfs star

If you like wearing dresses with jeans or pants, you'd somewhat be accused of wearing a "denim tuxedo" wearing a short denim dress with jeans. Denim is almost exclusively casual. However, there are some of those more sophisticated denim clothes like. The dress Shutterbug wore on the previous page (which I've praised dearly) is part of somewhat a sophisticated denim dress. I almost immediately think of those casual, boring, yet comfy button-down dresses when I think of most denim dresses. There just aren't too many exciting and youthful denim dresses unless you're talking about some of those denim polo shirtdresses. Most of you know I love maxi dresses, so I'd even be pleased to see some cute denim maxi dresses or even some nicely-flared long dresses.

trendsetter

The Lanvin/Acne collaboration seems to feature some gorgeous, sophisticated denim dresses. I hope the line influences the high street, so there will be more affordable dresses in the same vein.

10-01-2009
V.I.P.

the topshop one is so nice!

The_Ida yours is cute too, I think I only like light denim ones

backstage pass

I have seen a LOT of denim dresses around Paris lately. I'm still ify on it though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
denim, dresses