How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
i have read the original interview and didn't find anything i don't agree with, really...

everyone is obviously free to dress as they choose, and most people really don't seem to care about being elegant or chic...
they want attention, or they want to show off...
but, no...i don't see a lot of elegant young women...
it is rare...
I definitely agree. At times I think that some women prefer vulgar and provocative... And that is really sad.

06-03-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnia View Post
I definitely agree. At times I think that some women prefer vulgar and provocative... And that is really sad.
I don't think it's sad at all. And I much prefer that there are all kinds of different women rather than how it was 40 years ago.

To me, elegance has more to do with manners than what kind of clothes you wear. Sure, you can be dressed head to toe in Chanel but you can still lack elegance.

I kinda agree with what Pilati is saying, that you should know what looks good on you. But the notion that women should be elegant and modestly dressed is outdated. Wear what you like and own it :p

06-03-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

I agree that elegance as in 'wearing Chanel from head to toe' is outdated. And looking like this doesn't necessarily make you elegant.
But I don't think that elegance is gone, it's just different than what it used to be. It might be more rare than what it used to be because of the post-modern society with focus on consumption and self-promotion. But I do believe we are seeing tendencies moving in the other direction, not only in fashion.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
disappearing, elegant, trend, women