How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2006
scenester

^^I totally agree with you, and can see this completely within the higher end fashion part of the apparel industry. Western society will continue to struggle with this in youth culture, however, because of the lack of open, frank dialogue about sex. Youth turn to media to tell them how to conduct themselves sexually, because it is a "sin" for them to have very natural sexual feelings at a young age.

With overt sexuality being so popular with the darlings of the media, youth see this as a way to relate to their inner emotions. Adult women are more likely to turn to the "demure" than youth, well, in my opinion anyway. I still maintain that education, in all respects, leads to a classier sexiness.

I maintain that a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman who is comfortable also showing her physical "assets" is the epitome of sexiness.

10-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandababian
I maintain that a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman who is comfortable also showing her physical "assets" is the epitome of sexiness.
Well Said

rising star

as long as she wants to show herself off. i just want to cry sometimes when i see girls wearing next to nothing, disrespecting their body, their temple, to please other people. sexual liberation has gone too far, and needs to be reigned in.

on a side note, i hope this social trend starts affecting the gay community, i hate being a minority because i'm not promiscuous

10-06-2006
rising star

I don't have any problem with people showing off however much of their bodies they want--but I tend to be a nudist, so if walking around nude was legal, I'd be happy, but it doesn't have anything to do with dressing "sexy". Sexy comes out of what you don't show off--it's when you hint things just enough.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkeyedmender
as long as she wants to show herself off. i just want to cry sometimes when i see girls wearing next to nothing, disrespecting their body, their temple, to please other people. sexual liberation has gone too far, and needs to be reigned in.

on a side note, i hope this social trend starts affecting the gay community, i hate being a minority because i'm not promiscuous
I totally agree. Sex is a fantastic treat, but everything in moderation! When young ladies who are too young to be taking from that particular cookie jar are dressing that way, it makes my heart hurt too. You need to develop your mind and have some foundation of your identity before you can really enjoy and understand sex, and 12 & 13 is just way too freakin' young.....

10-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkeyedmender
i just want to cry sometimes when i see girls wearing next to nothing, disrespecting their body, their temple, to please other people.
nothing is more sad than someone thinking they HAVE to dress sexy or expose thier body in order to feel they can be liked.

Regardless- the kind of sexy that I like to wear- the kind that I like in fashion-
is a very covered up, very Fitted, Powerful kind of sexy. Showing one's curves, and shape- but not nescessarily a lot of skin.

I just don't like the other extreme- the "marykate/ ashly look- so covered up, so many layers and whatever, that it's like on is ashamed of their body or thier gender.

Those two girls, they were too famous, at too young an age- since they were babies! and i think thier style of dressing, is kind of a way to hide from the world, to hide thier bodies because they don't want to be seen sexually. This is not a healthy kind of look to emulate either- either extreme is, i think a sign of insecurity or low self esteem

fashion icon

"Regardless- the kind of sexy that I like to wear- the kind that I like in fashion-
is a very covered up, very Fitted, Powerful kind of sexy. Showing one's curves, and shape- but not nescessarily a lot of skin."

absolutely! I feel the same
here are some sexy /to me/ things that I'd wear'
BG and Neiman pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGB02DQ_mn.jpg (6.6 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg BGB8174_mn.jpg (9.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg NMB8027_mn.jpg (9.3 KB, 148 views)

03-08-2006
fashion icon

more that fit into my criteria of "sexy"
pictures from BG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BG-0QAX_mn.jpg (7.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg BG-0R2L_mn.jpg (10.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: gif shim.gif (43 Bytes, 145 views)

03-08-2006
backstage pass

interesting thread!

sexy does not mean only naked skin to me. to be dressed a bit uptight can be sexy. its all in the eye of the beholder really!

a naked back is sexier than too much cleavage
a short skirt / shorts and nice shirt with nice flats can be really sexy
i think it's just the right mix and who wears what.

to be self-conscious but nice is sexy

03-08-2006
front row

i think the idea of what is sexy is continually changing, it won't go away, it will just reinvent itself in seasonal trends - we've had agressive a la tom ford, then ladylike a la marc jacobs, and so on.

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

aris- love your looks- thats the kind of thing i mean! i will go find some examples and post them as well

vertebrae by vertebrae

"Sexy" is so subjective. What is considered sexy to one can be total opposite to another

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

I like natural sporty/beachy sexy...

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

tomgucci.JPG
Tom Ford For Gucci
firstview

all.JPG
Alessandro DellAqua

Roland.JPG
Roland Mouret