How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

I'm going to have to look into this further...how does it all work-i don't want to get too personal, but does a consultant work on contract-for how long-what is expected of them. is there a directory for the business-ie-in my line-we have Le Book which lists just about every contact you might need-is there anything like this for consulting-where can I learn more...?

16-02-2004
slightly dizzy

I'm just an amateur, wouldn't know...

etre soi-meme

try searching for nelly rodi, peclers, promostyl on the web, those are the main trend forecasting agencies that actually move the market and charge a fortune for their valueable services . you should be able to find them also in leBook

as a consultant i work with contracts and everything is been expected from me

pm me if you need more info

16-02-2004
backstage pass

I would love if this would happen! I'm very sick of the whole sexy=bare skin mentality. However...I don't feel it will catch on too quickly. It has been beat into teenage girls' heads that the less they wear the more boys will want them. This is a hard mentality to break.. I hope that it catches on though. I have already adopted a more classic style. Thanks for posting the article

16-02-2004
backstage pass

this is great, im tired of seeing thongs popping out of everyones asses.

17-02-2004
slightly dizzy

Btw, Lena, you do seem to have a great job! I would love to do something like that!

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by sashatheelf@Feb 17th, 2004 - 8:42 am
me too sasha

thanks tott, we should discuss more on this next time we meet -maybe while starring the blue sea in a unspoiled greek island

17-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Feb 17th, 2004 - 12:31 am
I would love if this would happen! I'm very sick of the whole sexy=bare skin mentality. However...I don't feel it will catch on too quickly. It has been beat into teenage girls' heads that the less they wear the more boys will want them. This is a hard mentality to break.. I hope that it catches on though. I have already adopted a more classic style. Thanks for posting the article
i hate to say i agree with you here. as much as some of us fashion people may lean towards a classier image, i think a large majority of the mainstream (at least in america) is entangled in a battle over who can be the the sexiest. i thnk a lot of women today have learned to define themselves by the amount of attention they can get (im sure the womens liberationists are rolling in their graves). especially when we have cultural idols like britney and christina "setting trends" for those who dont know any better. i have hope that eventually, yes, they will get sick of it as we already have a long time ago, but i don't see it happening in the near future.

17-02-2004
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Feb 17th, 2004 - 9:45 am
thanks tott, we should discuss more on this next time we meet -maybe while starring the blue sea in a unspoiled greek island
Aawww, wouldn't that be nice?

trendsetter

I prefer sensuality and the air of mystery over overt sexuality so it is nice to see the trend to bare all slowing on the fashion front.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:58 am
it's a cycle-ten yrs from now-sex will be fresh again and we'll be back to it...I'm glad that people are covering up-but this whole class/status thing is troubling in its own way...

very true.

I have a problem with the objectification of people, in any way. I also have a problem with the media telling people how to look/dress/live etc.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by sashatheelf@Feb 17th, 2004 - 12:42 am
Amen, sister!

rising star

I believe "sex sells" is definatly going away! I personally , an coming from a straight guys point of view, never really saw the "awesomeness" in it. I mean..i didnt mind seeing 1/2 naked girls dancing around on tv. but after a month it got old! i mean, its not like they are doing anything someone before them hasnt done.

And as an example, the BIGGEST transition between "sex sells" to prim and proper dress is.....PARIS HILTON dont hate me for this

21st birthday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pbd2101_010.jpg (31.2 KB, 18 views)

18-02-2004
rising star

23rd birthday...yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pbday23_011.jpg (15.0 KB, 18 views)

18-02-2004
V.I.P.

Good point, hilfiger (any relation? ). Was she wearing that second outfit at her birthday party or just during the day? It's nice to hear from a man that he doesn't want/need to see half-naked women just to make it to the end of the day.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
end, sex