How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2007
V.I.P.

I know, Spike.. there are only a handful of designers with enough knowledge, respect and sensibility to understand other cultures... I do have a vague hope that this time the interpretation will be a little more environmental or globally festive, since it's slightly related to all the climate changes and anti-violence sentiments.. hopefully it won't end up being another tour of exotism for the sake of luxury, filled with clichés as in, say, 2001 and 2002.

30-10-2007
backstage pass

Sorry, Everybody.
I'm not working at that company anymore. I've lost the WGSN acc.
But I'll try my best to find the source from wgsn.

30-10-2007
V.I.P.

^oh, it's ok.. and thanks for the effort..

V.I.P.

For Spring/Summer 2008, there was a lot of sheer fabric. I'm expecting some sort of take on that with the Fall/Winter 2008 shows, maybe inspired by Dolce&Gabbana FW07-fur wrapped in tulle?

02-11-2007
DÔMMkammern

i think tulle and transparency was too overdone this season (ss08) so i wouldnt like to see much of that on the winter runways... still karl will use tons of it in all the evening wear... (" if you wanna give it allure, veil it!" he says)

V.I.P.

ok i read about the menswear for a/w 08 09 a while back
i remember some mentioning of "shirting as light as snow" :p
so , basically lightweight fabrics

here are some recurring points for trends that i jotted down via premiere vision
it's all on fabrics, but that should give you some ideas for the kind of garment you will be seeing!

menswear
autumn winter 08 09

colours: red kiss, meteorite, mauve smoke, oxblood, creme cassis, sidereal, ink, humus, turtledove,

aspects: plastic & metallic, structures, semi-transparency
also: stripes on weaves
tennis, banker styles
Prince of Wales

behaviours & handles: intentional firmness
also round, compact, springy, draping

finishing:
shine whether smooth, plastic or scintillating
also: water-resistance for woollens

04-11-2007
V.I.P.

by the way
another thing:
ecological approaches..

recycled polyesters
recycled wool

04-11-2007
V.I.P.

banker & prince of wales

that's a good update, gius.. thanks a lot. I feel so silly for not knowing any of these colours .. everything that made sense to me was the red kiss, which I assume must be an intense kind of red?.

and definitely about the ecological approach.. even if it wasn't very clear on some designers' horizon, I think they might be all giving it a second thought after Miuccia Prada's collection, which was spectacular in the way she channelled that inspiration and will certainly become a major hit this season..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
also: water-resistance for woollens
hmm.. qu'est-ce que c'est?.

V.I.P.

^oh it's some sort of finishing or coating for woollen materials
wool is naturally resistant to water --like when it lightly rains, you'll find the water just sitting on the surface and not being absorbed ... it will get all matted once it rains harder. i'm guessing they're coating it with something to make it last through harder rain, it's really interesting i wish i was in on the secrets!

i love the colour names... i saw ink and meteorite so often in the lists. it's expected i guess that they will be dark colours since it's usual for fall, but humus doesn't sound good?

oh!! you know, in s/s 07 there was supposed to be a PAPER trend
it's pro-environment as well
Too bad there wasn't enough of that in the more known fashion labels, but i am starting to see it (only now) the clothing made of paper, mostly by artist than designer, and furniture/products as well

04-11-2007
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
colours: red kiss, meteorite, mauve smoke, oxblood, creme cassis, sidereal, ink, humus, turtledove,
i am having some trouble translating those to spanish and then imagining them...

hints on "sidereal"?

Last edited by Dkammern; 04-11-2007 at 04:58 PM.
05-11-2007
V.I.P.

i have to look it up in the dictionary too--
sidereal is like 'stellar' it means anything related to the stars (in the sky)
sounds sparkly

05-11-2007
rising star

colour trends by TEXWORLD
trends colours:
Revive
The warming light of cosy interiors in winter and the rich, expressive colourfulness of leather and woods reflect a scale of warm brown and golden shades.

Camel, leather, rust, walnut and pumpkin satisfy the need for cocooning proximity.

Allowing yourself to be spoilt and not resisting every sweet temptation makes life worth living.

Reflect
The play of light and shade is reminiscent of the cinema of the forties. The couture of that time inspires an elegance which finds itself in the silky pastels and the dark shades of the colour range.

With quality and sophistication it refines the fashion statement.

Seductive frivolity and masculine allures are blended into a sensual cocktail. The decoration of art déco enriches in the filigree details.

Preserve
The longing of mankind for unspoilt naturalness is greater than ever. The wide-open space of Nordic landscapes sets the mood with a range of cool, authentic natural shades.

Vegetal and mineral shades modulate olive green, khaki and fango tones to icy blue nuances.

Sulphur and woolly Ecru stimulate the restrained prevailing mood. Casual attitude is the ideal ground for a relaxed, but quality appearance. Today‘s claim to comfort characterizes stamps the materiality.

Construct
The cool objectivity of modern architecture offers the setting an urban atmosphere in grey and deep dark shades.

Intensive colours like red, pink, violet or green shine have a monochrome shine, like lights in the city. They define new volumes, provide rhythm for graphic or accentuated sporty looks.

A decided modernity stylishly points clearly to the future. Fashion makes use of current technologies to improve textile functionality and to find stylistic forms of expression previously unknown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preserve.jpg (4.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Construct.jpg (4.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Reflect.jpg (3.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Revive.jpg (4.7 KB, 2 views)

V.I.P.

^thanks for that, gloria. I loved every description.. definitely something to look forward hoping most designers interpret it just as good as it sounds.

V.I.P.

thanks gloria, are those pantone colors? curious to know what the process translations are...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0809, fall or winter, forecast, trend