Fashion Gets Political - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
27-05-2004
scenester

From what I read, most of you here don't support Bush. Which is why I find it confusing that you are having an argument with each other on something so futile. I guess this is what Current politics does to people.

I'm sorry for interfering in this little battle.

27-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
fashion used to be so much more political...punk was a great example of that...i used to think you could change the world through music and fashion...i've always tried to make some sort of statement with my personal wardrobe and my work...problem is...i don't think anyone's really listening or looking...they are too mesmerized by the bleached hair and bronzed boobs in the media to pay attention to real issues...
i so agree, I do belive art can change the world btu may eb we need to amke the world see.

Quote:
my belief that people with power deserve respect - not admiration
I refuse to respect any oen based on power, I respect people who are intellgant, thoutful, virtuous and respectful of other, some thing bush is not.

backstage pass

Social conservatism has been rising in the US for quite a while now which has opened doors for people like Bush. The born-again Christians I was living with at the time of the election were boasting about how "real" of a person he seemed because of his troubled past and new devotion to the church, so I don't doubt his appeal to the hardcore social conservatists that live in the states. You can say that he is a mere puppet and I will agree with you, but complete idiot I am not so sure. He did pick the opportune time to run, and has found ways to manipulate the emotions of a large portion of the American population.

He is not who I would have picked but since I am not an American citizen I really have no say. You really should focus your energy on the politics in your own country because with the election approaching here as well there is the possibility that this country might end up sliding towards the right too.

And left vs. right arguments are getting tired. People really should view politics issue by issue rather than ganging up and slandering those on the other side. Those labels are starting to lose their meaning anyway.

27-05-2004
V.I.P.

also I woudl leik to say bush was a coked out frat boy who only got into teh colleg becuas of his father ( I knwo know this as a fact becuas I know his x roommate.)

flaunt the imperfection

sorry...i just have to add...as an educated american citizen...that tangerine is in fact correct and that bush actually received fewer votes than al gore...but won the electoral college...that is how our political sytem works in this country..it is rare but possible to win the election and actually get fewer votes than your opponent...

and there is much evidence to concern many people about just how those votes were gotten and coounted...and as far as bush 'choosing' and opportune time to run...don't you think his father and his cronies were deciding that for him?...can anyone really deny that his father's influence as the former head of the cia, former vice president and former president had something to do with this guy being where he is today?...don't everyone's parents help their kids as much as they can?!?!?...it seems like a no-brainer...these are simple facts...no one can dispute them...

bush's biggest hurdle in the election was his complete lack of experience in foreign affairs...he had no established relationships with any of the leaders of the rest of the world...this has proven to be his greatest weakness as president...he seems to have no idea how to negotiate and cooperate...he's just a big bully...and has managed to alienate just about every other head of state...

that's a big problem for someone whose supposed to be leading the free world...he's trying to lead by force and people in other countries are just saying...no...we're not going to follow...we don't want to be led down this path...

and people in this country are starting to say the same thing...even those of us who didn't vote for him have been trying to be supportive and show solidarity...but no one can deny the f***ing mess bush has created in Iraq...if there is another terrorist attack in this country...i think people will go into full revolt against him....enough is enough already!!!...at least kerry has a chance of working with the UN and other countries to rectifiy the situation because no one hates him the way they all hate bush...

and these are the facts...like it or not...

27-05-2004
backstage pass

I really feel bad for you guys right now. Kerry doesn't seem to be all that promising of a candidate either. From the little that I've seen he never seems to take a stance on anything or answer questions directly.

27-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

the campaign has not actually started yet...kerry hasn't even been officially named the democratic candidate yet...the conventions are in a couple months...that's when we'll see all the action...and as long as bush keeps digging his own grave...all kerry has to do is keep his mouth shut and he'll be golden...

that's how clinton was elected ...he ran against the first bush...and even thought clinton was only the lesser of two evils...everyone was just so sick of bush that they voted against him...which gave clinton the presidency...and he wasn't so bad as far as being a president...personal drama aside...

the thing is...i don't get why the people of this country seem to have amnesia...if bush sr was not a great president...then why would this new bush be any better?...this is like deja vu all over again...

27-05-2004
backstage pass

Well at least there is some excitement to your elections. People here have basically accepted the fact that we are going to be stuck with the same Prime Minister for another few years.

27-05-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 8:47 pm

that's how clinton was elected ...he ran against the first bush...and even thought clinton was only the lesser of two evils...everyone was just so sick of bush that they voted against him...which gave clinton the presidency...and he wasn't so bad as far as being a president...personal drama aside...

I Just wanted to make a comment about Clinton. Yes, his presidency was not so bad but he jumped around and avoided to many issues that needed to be dealt with during his presidency. I believe some of Bushs rash decisions were based on Clinton's lack of dealing with these issues. In no way do i support Bush, but Clinton was lousy also. No matter what president is elected, there will always be critisms towards them. I do not so much blame it on the person themselves but more on the political parties. The polical party influence is what's destroying our democratic polital system in the US.

Did anyone hear about John McCain (republican) possibly running with John Kerry(Dem)? What your guys thoughts on this.

27-05-2004
fashion insider

I saw him on TV the other day. He stated very firmly he will not run with Kerry and he is supporting Bush for re-election.

V.I.P.

Another merge of fashion and politics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peace.jpg (13.0 KB, 5 views)

27-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

purple...you're so sweet...

27-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
purple...you're so sweet...
Thank you; I'm taking the safe route at the moment...

28-05-2004
V.I.P.

Undercover s/s 2004

Undercover s/s 2003

V.I.P.

Vivienne westwood/ malcom mclaren SEX & Seditionaries

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, political