Fashion Gets Political - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-05-2004
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 9:39 am
i actually styled the poster for that michael moore film...it felt good...that made me feel like i was part of the political process even if I was just getting clothes and props(remember when i bought the surfboard?)...at least it was for a project that i believed in...makes my job seem less frivolous somehow...
wow!!! softgray, i'm sooo proud of you!!! hehe, i luv michael, he's great...it's hard for ppl to take critism sometimes but i think he still persists no matter what the backlash and despite what ppl say, he's very patriotic to america.

28-05-2004
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by helena+May 27th, 2004 - 9:45 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helena @ May 27th, 2004 - 9:45 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Amelié@May 27th, 2004 - 9:56 am

and DITTO!!! helena...i can't believe your country is not releasing it!!! Michael Moore is amazing, and being a fan of his films i totally am on ur wavelength...America is starting to make other democracies look very bad...
Just for the record, I am not american, i am British. I hope that the film is released this autumn in the Uk.

There is a lot of stuff on this thread that I am really not following as a non-american. [/b][/quote]
haha, ohhh, sorry, i'm aussie so i sorta feel angry at what america is doing because we're in an alliance with them for political reasons...it should be release in Australia too, but it's a bit useless, i feel, if it doesn't get released in america.

28-05-2004
tfs star

cheers space! those t-shirts were tops!

how could i not forget d&g a few seasons back?

28-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amelié@May 28th, 2004 - 1:36 am
how could i not forget d&g a few seasons back?
Those were the coolest! :punk:

28-05-2004
tfs star

28-05-2004
tfs star

Hussien Chalayan's metaphor for hope and peace...

28-05-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@May 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm
As an originator of this topic, do I have the right to ask a moderator to lock this topic? No offence to anyone, but I did not expect this to escalate into another meaningless political debate. Thank you.
your wish will be granted if this topic keep getting off-topic

keep your posts on "fashion get's political" and avoid getting sidetracked in pre-election debates, merci beaucoup

28-05-2004
V.I.P.

I loved those D&G outfits Amelie, thanks so much for posting them. Apart from the whole political message, they're also really cheerful! The colours are just wonderful and even the mini skirts are cute. Hopefully they'll come out with some similarly good stuff in the coming collection.

28-05-2004
tfs star

thanks lena...i think my life is so politically orientated that it's nice to get away from it all sometimes and tfs is a great place...i'll try find some more political fashion stuff!

28-05-2004
V.I.P.

Also, I remember that Arkadius' collection (with the bloody doves) carried a political message as well. Hopefully I can find my old topic on those dresses.
Got it! http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...topic=6855&st=0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deadbirdsdress.jpg (25.0 KB, 3 views)

28-05-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by Amelié@May 28th, 2004 - 8:00 am
thanks lena...i think my life is so politically orientated that it's nice to get away from it all sometimes and tfs is a great place...i'll try find some more political fashion stuff!
hmm you are not alone Amelie, i'm also extremely politically orientated but i keep it safely locked in the closet while posting at FS keep researching in political messages in fashion

funny that Chalayan's latest ss04 collection is actually recognised as political, its true of course , even if i didnt really get a clear political message when i saw his 'fighters in Cyprus' clothes.
For fw04.05 he's getting a bit exaggerating with his policeman-in-the-city prints

ps: thanks all for the wonderful fashion items posted

28-05-2004
tfs star

28-05-2004
tfs star

from www.fashionpeace.com
Travolta

Freshjive

28-05-2004
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 3:11 pm
prince...helena works in a law firm...i think she knows what she's talking about...and having a degree really proves nothing...i'm sorry...but it's true... ...just another harsh reality to face... ...nothing is as it seems...
thanks softgrey - thats the point i was trying to make. qualifiactions do not necessarily make a person clever or more informed about the world nor do they make someone an arbiter of what is 'right' - those things come partly as least from the soul and most importantly the strength of ones moral fibre & convictions.

28-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Amelié+May 27th, 2004 - 11:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amelié @ May 27th, 2004 - 11:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@May 27th, 2004 - 9:39 am
i actually styled the poster for that michael moore film...it felt good...that made me feel like i was part of the political process even if I was just getting clothes and props(remember when i bought the surfboard?)...at least it was for a project that i believed in...makes my job seem less frivolous somehow...
wow!!! softgray, i'm sooo proud of you!!! hehe, i luv michael, he's great...it's hard for ppl to take critism sometimes but i think he still persists no matter what the backlash and despite what ppl say, he's very patriotic to america. [/b][/quote]
thx amelie... ...i'm really glad i had the opportunity to contribute...even if it's in a tiny way...and i love love love the hussein chalayan pieces you posted...i could use one of those inflatable outfits in case i have to escape from NY... ...hahaha...it's an island you know... ...

i miss moschinos's political statements...and kenneth cole is always right there...you should have seen his first show after 9/11...he played a slideshow beforehand with words flashing across the screen and images...and just great music....

THINK............................................. ....................picture of the twin towers standing proudly....

very powerful stuff....interesting to watch these hardened fashionistas trying to keep it together at that point...can't fall apart in the front row now...(sarcasm)...i really respect kenneth cole's advertising....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, political