How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-11-2009
windowshopping

Fashion Trend in the Making (I hope) Sunset Strip 70's Glam Femme Rocker/Groupie
What with the coming Runaways Film to hit theaters soon (YYYYEEESSS!!!!), I'd like to see and explore a capsule of time, most notably 1973-79 Rock Chick Fashion as best exemplified by rockers like The Runaways, and the Groupies that tended to flock around the juggernaut bands like Led Zeppelin. I'd love to see women playing around with some duality of hard and soft but not in a Lady Gaga/Grace Jones way, but more instead like the glam ladies of rock such as Suzi Quatro, Cherry Vanilla, Cyrinda Foxe, Sable Starr, and Lori Maddox. I want to see glam gypsies come back, and for the love of GOD.

CAN WE START TO WORK WITH FLARED LEGS AGAIN?????? I'm sorry, I have nothing against the skinnies that will never apparently die, but women everywhere are kidding themselves if they think that a good pair of vintage highwaisted (NOT TOO HIGHWAISTED) flared legs don't make their legs look better. I don't care who you may be.

The current rage for video vixens and vamps around 1983 is all well and fine and I enjoy playing with that vernacular, but I feel it lacks a little soul, and a little analog heart. I miss my platforms and flares, and I miss interpreting rock and roll fashion in that way. I like fashion that sound like loud guitars.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-11-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Removing link to blog, per "no self promo" rules.

21-11-2009
scenester

I used to think that the skinnies would be an ephemeral trend.. but they've been around for almost a decade now.. and apparently not leaving yet. I love flares but I must say I think women's legs look better in the skinnies than flares though

21-11-2009
windowshopping

Me too! And there is certainly uses for both. Skinnies/Drainpipes are definitely more useful for when you wanna tuck your jeans into boots and stuff, and for certain silhouettes, but I'd argue that a slight flare even to a super skinny jean just enhances a womans body more. And I'll always love flares more, but that's just me. Something bout the flare going over a huge platform, and the flare being a little highwaisted and super tight? Can't beat it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
70, fashion, femme, glam, hope, making, rocker or groupie, strip, sunset, trend