Fingerless Gloves F/W 06.07 - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-11-2006
tfs star

no, these are not practical! they make you look like either avril lavigne or someone from last of the summer wine..

02-11-2006
V.I.P.

its very street....either than that it wouldnt be suitable...

08-11-2006
rising star

The hottest fingerless glove I've seen are from Dutch Magazine, the international art and fashion publication, I'll publish the web address and designer name here in a moment...

It's 2002 #38, I'm not sure about the ettiquite of advertising, though I understand blatant advertising which I haven't even done on MySpace at this point, I'm private clients and PM me if this breaks a rule or 2...

www.glovedup.com

The designer is Laura Shepard and she creates very beautiful pieces as featured in Dutch, she's noted as Holland's only glove designer in the article.

She refers to them as T-shirts for hands...

Yeah, I'll fit in quite well at the spot, it was nice to see the gloves again since I haven't in about 1 or more years, even though the are intruiging to a degree...

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."

Last edited by TheDesignStudent; 08-11-2006 at 11:09 AM.
08-11-2006
chaos reigns

Doesnt Karl Lagerfeld wear em like aaaaaaaaaaaaall the time now?

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54
its very street....either than that it wouldnt be suitable...
True, though fingerless gloves can also be driving gloves and very chic if the wardrobe is constructed properly from head to toe; picture a woman in all black and charcoal, a luxury car driver with minimal jewelry and personal touches...

To be sure it can be either very seductive and vampire femme or very tomboy in nature...

For some it brings vision of street, for me it's visions of Europe...

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."

09-11-2006
rising star

Though we're disussiong trends and it's a bit outdated to be sure, and to create a seperate quotable comment, I always picture Madonna in her hitwoman video...

Yes, she picks up grandmother in the car with T-tops in New Jersey and goes on a wild spree, and yes it was banned from American television, though some Europeans and those on other continents may remember what I'm taling about, and when I picture fingerless gloves it's one of the first visions to come to mind, aside from current runway trends...

Then I go to what's hot and a reoccuring theme now, though that is my foundation element and reference to the fingerless gove, as if you were curios...!!!LOL!!!

I had better log many more studio hours before that becomes the hot topic of The Spot...! many more...!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, fingerless, gloves