Flatforms - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-05-2011
front row

I've grown to loathe them too, now.
I do prefer the slightly more traditional wedge style flatforms (with some sloping to the heel), but my own pair are dreadfully uncomfortable after walking in them for over 5 mins.

31-05-2011
windowshopping

Make it stop.
I'm having trouble even looking at flatforms. They look like a cruel joke cast upon wannabe fashionistas and hipsters. Pick a team: Flats or platforms. There is no in between.

31-05-2011
windowshopping

I'd wear them do to the house chores and gardening. I have something similar from Dr Scholl.

31-05-2011
tfs star

Absolutely, MaryLouiseParker. Only one pair of "flatforms" are acceptable- Japanese geta sandals. Wedges or platform wedges are better than these flatforms. This may sound silly and defeating of my own argument, but I've seen platform flip-flop/thong sandals that look better than most of these chic flatforms. My problem with flatforms is that they are so disproportionate in shape and design. These are more like flats or low-heel shoes for those who fancy platforms. It's like back then when I've viciously disliked peep-toe boots. You know- wear sandals or boots; you can't have both and expect to look great. And to your point, MaryLouiseParker, I agree with you on flatforms.

Someone mentioned creepers long ago. Well, creepers get a pass. These flatforms, however, don't. Platform wedges (especially with high wedge heels) are better. Now please note... I don't absolutely hate flatforms as I have several other trends on tFS. I just don't like them that much to be excited about. I almost feel the same way about flatforms as I do brogues or oxfords as far as shoes are concerned.

windowshopping

@John M. I completely agree! Flatforms don't flatter any body type. They're slabs of wood with leather straps. Blegh.

01-06-2011
trendsetter

A girl at school was giving stuff away and she gave me a pair of red peep-toe slingback bcbgirls flatforms. I was excited because I had no flatforms, and no red shoes, and they were free! But I have not worn them once yet. I don't find flatforms (or the particular pair I scored) visually offensive. They look ok to me and kinda cute in in a vintage-y '50s way (maybe more bc they are red peep-toe than bc they are flatforms). I even thought they made my legs look a little longer! But they are not comfortable or stable at all! I don't know about you, but I am way more stable and sure-footed walking in high heels than in kitten heels. I hate kitten heels. Flatforms are like kitten heel wedges. I'd be way more stable on six inches than on 2-3 inches. Maybe it's just me, but it feels more natural. My feet either want high or literally flat shoes, no in between! So that is why I don't like them. I don't think they are inherently ugly though.

rising star

I actually really like them, as long as they are not toooo big.

06-06-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
A girl at school was giving stuff away and she gave me a pair of red peep-toe slingback bcbgirls flatforms. I was excited because I had no flatforms, and no red shoes, and they were free! But I have not worn them once yet. I don't find flatforms (or the particular pair I scored) visually offensive. They look ok to me and kinda cute in in a vintage-y '50s way (maybe more bc they are red peep-toe than bc they are flatforms). I even thought they made my legs look a little longer! But they are not comfortable or stable at all! I don't know about you, but I am way more stable and sure-footed walking in high heels than in kitten heels. I hate kitten heels. Flatforms are like kitten heel wedges. I'd be way more stable on six inches than on 2-3 inches. Maybe it's just me, but it feels more natural. My feet either want high or literally flat shoes, no in between! So that is why I don't like them. I don't think they are inherently ugly though.
Re: heel heights, we are definitely kindred spirits! And way to score a free pair of shoes even if they are uncomfortable

07-06-2011
rising star

Personally I do not like and particularly when it's a short girl wearing one of these. My sister has one quite similar to #3a and after having telling her for so much time disproportionate they were she gave up on them for some time now. Actually I don't mind flatforms like #2 from diaryofafashionaddict.com but the ones with the boat-form like are just complete no-no for me.

Last edited by constanceMafioso; 07-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.
08-06-2011
scenester

Far too curvy for flatforms. My bum needs a raised pedestal, haha.

trendsetter

I had to let mine go. They were a terror to walk in. The back needs to be raised - even if it's just 1/2" - otherwise you can't walk. Period.

20-06-2011
backstage pass

i've noticed the newer versions or at least a few pair have the slight curve you mention.

backstage pass

Nothing worse that some girl clunking her way around in these.

20-06-2011
V.I.P.

my 2cents. flatforms are extremely comfortable and flattering if they are a well thought out design, not an afterthought that is just planted on a flat wood slab. i have two pair from celine 2009 (one i almost sold and am grateful now i didnt) that i find are my grab and go shoes for summer. they are unique and very pretty on; color, shape form and fit. i tried on this seasons version and was disappointed in the awkwardness of everything about the shoe. so, like anything else, if its done with purpose and well thought out the result can be very appealing.

20-06-2011
backstage pass

I love flatforms but they can be really uncomfortable if they're completely flat soles. I have a pair where the back is slightly raised and they're fine, they're still a bit clunky but I'm good at walking in really any type of shoe and I love the trend so it's fine with me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flatforms