Flatforms - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-03-2011
front row

Flatforms
Quote:
As seen on numerous influential runways, the flatform is the newest, most nifty shoe for spring. As you can tell from the name, it's a hybrid of a platform and a flat, so you get a little lift in an untraditional way. (Sometimes the these shoes are not completely flat, but that's okay because a flatform with a wee wedge still totally counts.) At Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld paired white suede Open Shoe Shoes ($2100, 800.550.0005) with layered frocks—specifically a navy laser-cut tweed dress over an ecru short-sleeve crepe dress—to create a downtown ladylike look. The flatform also works with slightly '70s, minimalist separates; just look to Derek Lam's show for inspiration. We love the way he paired a silky, tucked-in blouse with wide-leg jeans and flatforms for an earthy, yet sophisticated, look.
whowhatwear.com

By
whowhatwear.com

diaryofafashionaddict.com

What do you think?

Last edited by Lapin de Lune; 09-03-2011 at 09:19 PM.
11-03-2011
front row

i like it !! no...i love it !!

11-03-2011
front row

I decided to give them a test run via Topshop, they're surprisingly comfortable and i like the look

13-03-2011
tfs star

Uh... no. Disproportionate on many levels. I'd rather a proper high-heel platform wedge or a funky pair of platforms than these "flatforms." Just don't look right to me. Then again, the usual rule of thumb is that anything I detest will probably be the "it" shoes/clothes regardless of how much I detest something...

tfs star

I really dislike this.

13-03-2011
scenester

agree with the two above posters....this I feel would look good on no one, short or tall...

14-03-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

I remember seeing them in Vogue on Joan Smalls a few issues back (was it February?) and thinking that they look awful. And if something looks awful on Joan Smalls... it's probably going to look awful on everyone.

15-03-2011
front row

love them. fell in love with a red pair of flatforms in zara in 2009. since then, STUCK IN MY MIND <3

15-03-2011
tfs star

These flatforms make as much sense as high-waist mini skirts. What's next- "flatform" riding boots? These flatforms just don't look good at all. Give me proper platforms than these flatforms.

V.I.P.

I had a pair when I was 13 .. my mom let me wear them to my sister's prom. They're quite comfortable, I'd happily try them now but I'm super fed up with platforms, anything associated with a Jeffrey Campbell aesthetic, 2010 Céline, chunky footwear in general.. maybe in 7 years when everyone's crazy for kitten heels I'll give these another try.

15-03-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M. View Post
These flatforms make as much sense as high-waist mini skirts.
What do you mean? I find those skirts really flattering compared to 'flatforms'. They are ugly, just that.

16-03-2011
front row

Generally do not care for.

17-03-2011
front row

I love the high waisted mini's too!
Returning to flatforms, I do prefer those which have something of a slightly separate heel, if that makes any sense. Those that are more like a uniform block of wood aren't so appealing to me.

17-03-2011
tfs star

^
I agree,
or even with a slight, teeny wedge. Flat chunks of wood are kind of hard to walk in.

17-03-2011
scenester

I can already hear us in 5 years.. "ewww remember flatforms lol"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flatforms