How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2007
trendsetter

The Pucci is amazing (both the dress and the jacket)

08-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxpinktinksxX View Post
I'm really against it =/!!
me too!!

08-07-2007
doldrums

I don't like fur and I really hate the bright color furs.

08-07-2007
Press escape to continue.

With our amazing ability to create fabric that overcomes our ancient desire for fur - I can only say 'shame on humanity'. Shame shame shame. I may appreciate couture for all its fantasy, but I draw the line when it comes to little creatures. Feather and fur no longer have a place on the human body, at least that's how I feel about it.

V.I.P.

I saw these 2 and let out a gasp...so beautiful.

(this thread)

09-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin_It View Post
J..Dior - I am not sure that fox will be the fur for this fall. I think chinchilla will still be the fur to have. Having said that I love this jacket from Kors

http://catwalks.sagafurs.com/albums/...FFW07_0044.jpg

you think chinchilla is the one to have but loved a fox one , just look at the collections and in general you´ll notice all the volume that fox fur added to them.

as i said, we always see all types of fur on the catwalks each season, an always a trend emerges from there, and fox and finnraccoon are the ones making an impact the most.

Madeleine Vionnet.
09-07-2007
don't look down

> I love the look but at the same time I'm definitely against it...

I'm the same. I think we are innately drawn to fur, yet we're totally aware of what happens to the animals that yield it - they die. And wearing fake fur promotes the aesthetic of wearing the real stuff, so it's no ideal solution.

I think the ideal outcome would be greater exploration into artificial textiles that appear like fur, but have superior performance. Say, a very fine, silky smooth fur that feels like the real thing, but which is waterproof and doesn't need a season in the freezer to stay fresh. That way, designers could continue to justify charging high prices for these 'exclusive' garments, there'd still be some sort of cachet around them, but no blood need be shed. Just a lot of sweat in the textile laboratory.

I've read that the fur industry has put a lot of money into sponsoring young designers - god knows a lot of them need all the money they can get. I can see how some make a deal with the devil and start putting a trim here and there. Before you know it, it's everywhere.

If we're going to deal in the real thing, I feel there's great scope for reworking vintage garments into more modern shapes. It's the lesser evil to reuse existing fur than it is to create fresh pelts - and reworking vintage fur is a greater test of a designer's skill, as well as being "green".

We'll always have our bloodlust for fur's beauty, but there are ways to lessen the waste of life.

trendsetter

J'adore Doir I think you are correct in what you say, fox and some of the longer haired furs are definitely in season but they have been for athe past few seasons. The chubby fox was huge last year too. I suppose chinchilla might not be as popular but only because it is so expensive. I still think that chinchilla is the fur to have.

Blumarine

Dennis Basso

12-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
J'adore Doir I think you are correct in what you say, fox and some of the longer haired furs are definitely in season but they have been for athe past few seasons. The chubby fox was huge last year too. I suppose chinchilla might not be as popular but only because it is so expensive. I still think that chinchilla is the fur to have.
Exactly!, chinchilla garments are very expensive and very delicate, because chinchilla fur doesn´t have guard hair (most furs have guard hair, the exterior, thicker hair that protects the underwool, softer hair) and they aren´t massively produced, being that the main reason we don´t see them as much as other massive produced furs like mink and fox, they also require a much more delicate process when working with them, because it´s skin is very thin and therefor tools canno´t be applied when stretching for example.

I´ve heard it is less costly to buy the skins at a furrier and then having the garment made, than buying one at a fur saloon.

I adore chinchilla fur, I love mostly all furs, but chinchillas are very special, I haven´t had the chance to touch one until a few months ago at Fendi in Paris, I couldn´t get my hands of the short burgundy jacquet for a few minutes, you can barely feel it´s extremely soft texture (most fur animals have 8 hairs per folicule, chinchillas have 60) and that blumarine little number is one of my favourites from this season too

Madeleine Vionnet.

Last edited by j´adore dior; 12-07-2007 at 04:48 PM.
15-07-2007
trendsetter

J'Adore Dior - you are very knowledgable - thanks for your view.

15-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
J'Adore Dior - you are very knowledgable - thanks for your view.
You are very welcome, it´s my pleasure.

Madeleine Vionnet.
18-07-2007
fashion insider

I don't agree with the vintage fur view. When does a vintage fur stop being vintage? In 30 years, will a 2007 fendi fur be a vintage? Is there a cut off date?

19-07-2007
front row

I think fur is beautiful and have no problem with fur in fashion. Mink coats have always been a sign of sophistication...

Last edited by saann; 20-07-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: off topic
20-07-2007
trendsetter

it would b nice also to se fur on editorials.....

25-07-2007
tfs star

i need a new fur this year anyway - thinking of going grey - im totally loving the Badgley Mischka cropped one. May have to get me one like that - have to shop about for the perfect one as I prefer vintage or secondhand to new.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, f or w, fur