How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2004
& b

Im getting the Pucci print rain boots

they're only $100

29-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

please spare me these eyesores...

29-09-2004
fashion icon

Boots from kitson are nice, but difficult to wear it without receiving some laugh on tfs.

30-09-2004
backstage pass

do you know, where to get those mukluks? (i mean those seen on the 3 pictures, lolitalux posted)
i looked for them on girlshop.com (thx to brie) and "kitson", but they won't deliver it until the end of november

thanks for your help!

30-09-2004
rising star

I just ordered some mukluks(the grey ones) today, you can get them from matches in london although they wont be arriving til mid october (Think this was the number my mum called Matches-02089447820) Theres a few pics of kate moss sporting them in the kate candids forum!

02-10-2004
V.I.P.

I was going to buy these last year.. never did... I will this year:

02-10-2004
front row

I just found this article...
Quote:
The New "Uggs"

Fri Oct 1, 1:02 PM ET** Fashion - Fashion Wire Daily

Godfrey Deeny

Fashion Wire Daily October 1,2004- NEW YORK - Like most people these days, Elizabeth Charles sees Uggs and thinks, "ugh!"

The Australian shop girl who owns Elizabeth Charles, the hip boutique stocked with only designer duds from down under, is horrified that Americans think that all Aussies wear Uggs. "It's like Foster's — we don't drink the stuff. No one wears Uggs in Australia — no one stylish anyway. Only 'bogans,' which are — I guess you'd call them thugs here," she says, adding that she won't sell the trendy sheepskin boots in her store "on principle."

Uggs, once a must, have become a bit of a "don't," a result of too many people wearing them. What self-respecting fashionista likes to wear something that everyone (and their mothers) owns? Harper's Bazaar deemed the formerly-loved boots "out." The proof? Kate Moss has retired hers in exchange for Mucklucks, a furry boot with sassy pompoms.

Realizing the practical need for cozy boots (that look cute with everything) in order to brave the city winter without looking like a suburban frump, Charles has a solution. Her chic Ugg-alternative: Regina boots, which are made in Italy (it's the only non-Australian thing she carries, but she doesn't like to advertise that).

She first found the rich hippie, fur covered mid-calf boots last year at Scandinavian, a ski shop in midtown, and immediately bought herself a pair in red fox. "I literally could not walk three blocks without someone accosting me about where I got them. After a while, I thought, 'why don't I sell them,'" she recalls.

This season, selling them, she is.

Like mad.

"They're the most popular things in the world. I've sold hundreds in the last month since they arrived," she says. Gretchen Mol, Peggy Lipton, Rashida Jones and Jessica Simpson (news) have all purchased them, as has celebrity stylist Rebecca Weinberg (actually, she bought a dozen pairs, most of which she plans to give to friends as gifts). There are a few style varieties, including silver fox; rabbit in beige, white and black; chocolate or black mink; curly lamb; and goat in white, black and beige.

"They’re made as après-ski boots, so they're designed to keep you warm, plus they're so fabulous," explains Charles.

Regina boots range from $239 to $450. Elizabeth Charles is located at 639 ½ Hudson Street, between Horatio and Gansevoort, in New York City.

Let's just hope that too many people don't catch on!

Here's Elizabeth Charles wearin' em at her boutique.

02-10-2004
front row

I have beige apres ski fur-covered boots. I got them two winters ago and I love them. The fur is not the long kind and they're not as fluffy as the Ugg fluff mama boots, so they're a bit less gaudy, but still attention-getting. They're cute with jeans tucked into them and a simple sweater.

02-10-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Oct 2 2004, 09:02 PM
I was going to buy these last year.. never did... I will this year:

[snapback]383391[/snapback]
i bought those last year, on ebay, of course, for like $100.... and everyone LOVED them! girls would come up saying "OH MY GOSH those are the sex and the city boots!!" and "where did you get those?" and "are those COACH?!" guys would even approach me because they liked my boots... heh

i've still got them but have pretty much decided to retire them. what do all of you think? will they still be in this winter?

03-10-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by ChillChaser@Oct 2 2004, 08:22 PM
I just found this article...

Here's Elizabeth Charles wearin' em at her boutique.

[snapback]383402[/snapback]

I knew it,only a matter of time until the whole world will catch on.

03-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

yuck...yuck yuck yuck ...is what i think...

08-10-2004
rising star

A few articles talking about mukluks...

With such dimly defined guidelines, the trendsetters struggle to stay ahead of the pack. In this month’s In Style magazine, Sadie Frost, Kate Moss’s best friend and Jude Law’s ex, bemoans how the hideous Ugg boots, which she pioneered last year after being introduced to them by her Australian nanny, have become so popular she can no longer wear them in public. All her crowd has moved on to Mukluks, handmade Canadian bootees, which until a couple of months ago have looked sensible wear for two-year-olds and Eskimos only.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,20...68688_2,00.html

Forget Uggs, It's Mukluks

If you want to know which boots to invest in next, try Mukluk. These are the new Ugg. They are big and furry and not at all sexy, but they are irrististible.

The suede and rabbit fur creations, lined in sheepskin, are handmade in Canada, where they were originally worn by Native American Indians. Available in grey, black, tan and white, at £259 at www.net-a-porter.com, they are the ultimate in comfort and style.

www.mukluk.co.uk
5 October 2004

08-10-2004
I loved you

certaintly not one of my favorites.

09-10-2004
kabhi alvida

definitely not for me.

fashion elite

May I say, again, how revolting they are IMHO ? sorry, but..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, boots, furry, winter