How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2010
windowshopping

I bought my pair of geeky glasses last year and have loved it ever since. It comes in handy when you don't want to put on any makeup but need to head out...it's my Clark Kent

10-02-2010
trendsetter

Stylish Chick - I love the sunglasses in your avatar, can you tell me what they are?

11-02-2010
fashion elite

It's so funny, this trend... I have a real pair (I really need to use glasses, my myopia is atrocious... , so my eyes look really smaller), here's a pic I took a few days ago.They're the Ray Ban Wayfarer square model.

(my picture)

windowshopping

I'm still looking for the perfect geek glasses in my country but I still can't find one.

Anyway, this trend looks nice but I agree, it doesn't suit every face shape.

12-02-2010
fashion insider

Here are my glasses. I've had them for a year now and I wear them almost everyday. I really wanted brown ones when I was shopping for frames, but brown just would not suit me! Grey looks more natural with my hair colour, I think.
(Excuse the strange lipstick application; I was doing a heart lip look thing...un, nevermind. :p)

Last edited by rollagasper; 12-02-2010 at 11:12 PM.
14-02-2010
scenester

Has anybody seen clear glass/ clear frame ones avaliable online?
I see lots of clear lens/black frame ones but they are not what I want!

V.I.P.

I wear myn occasionally like them feel like they tottally change my look I noticed they had loads in *shudders* claires acessories the other day and some of them were really nice, I bought some lovely 60's style ones you know with the black top and clear bottom and some cats eyes ones and some big huge geeky Wayfarer type but you know the more chunky ones to add to my vast collection.. Seems as they are aimed towards younger girls i felt they suited and sat better on my small frame face

14-02-2010
trendsetter

I have been wearing a black Shuron Freeway frames since I started wearing glasses in 2008. Recently, they got squashed in my bag (in a soft case) and broke on the bridge. I taped them together and only wore them while driving until I got a new frame to put the lenses in. I got exactly the same frames to replace them.

(my pic, just in school)

But in the meantime I also bought a back up. Do you think these are considered geek glasses? They are aviator shape frames but in clear instead of tinted like sunglasses. They remind me of pictures of my aunts from like the '70s and '80s. I feel like i should have feathered hair when I'm wearing them. I just wanted an alternative to my strong black frames since I feel like I can never wear earrings or anything with them since then it's too much going on on my head. I don't care if you like them or not, but would you consider these "geek" too?

(also my pic)

rising star

Geek glasses were all over the Erin Fetherston runway show. So adorable.

windowshopping

I'm soo over hipster glasses - I see them everywhere and I just want to jump off a building and take the glasses with me..

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
Mademoiselle-M - those glasses look great on you! Can you tell us the name and model of the glasses?

I would like to, but I don't know anything... I bought them in Italy, Lignano... There's no name... But it looks like Ray-Ban glasses

17-02-2010
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
I have been wearing a black Shuron Freeway frames since I started wearing glasses in 2008. Recently, they got squashed in my bag (in a soft case) and broke on the bridge. I taped them together and only wore them while driving until I got a new frame to put the lenses in. I got exactly the same frames to replace them.

(my pic, just in school)

But in the meantime I also bought a back up. Do you think these are considered geek glasses? They are aviator shape frames but in clear instead of tinted like sunglasses. They remind me of pictures of my aunts from like the '70s and '80s. I feel like i should have feathered hair when I'm wearing them. I just wanted an alternative to my strong black frames since I feel like I can never wear earrings or anything with them since then it's too much going on on my head. I don't care if you like them or not, but would you consider these "geek" too?

(also my pic)
no - not at all...
not even close...

17-02-2010
trendsetter

well.. not as the current trend goes, but I do think they're quite geeky in their own way. I think the character Dwight from The Office sports a similar frame. And he is definitely geeky IMO (pic in link from bbc.co.uk)

flaunt the imperfection

no- he's a dork...it's different...
geeks are smart enough to still be stylish..
but dorks...
well...they aren't...

25-02-2010
front row

I'm so tired of this geek trend, and the hipsters who try to pretend they're actually geeky by feigning an 'obsession' with something or other.

And the glasses have been overplayed for a while, I've worn massive black glasses since 2001 but would dearly love them to go out of style so no one mistakes me for some silly trend-following child- I actually do have myopia!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
geek, glasses