How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2007
V.I.P.

honestly I don't think glasses are a trend or whatever... you need to wear glass to see or not, full stop!.... I wear glass most of the time otherwise I don't see 2metre far from me...
this is not even a "styling excuse"... this is just a new accessoirize they are selling... it's the new bag on catwalks... it's hey "look you don't even have money to buy our bags or sunglasses?! well buy our glasses..."

02-06-2007
girl who fell to earth

i think glasses can be a trend/styling choice....
a huge number of people need help to see--whether they wear contacts or glasses

a cool pair of glasses can cause some to wear their glasses more often..
sometimes i think may glasses look silly with my outfit or just doesn't "work" so i wear contacts

i don't really love these 07/08 glasses though...
i'll be sticking with the pair i have now

03-06-2007
V.I.P.

^you wear contacts? I cannot... I am so sissy on that point... I've always been scared of touching my eyes...
what you said whas a bit my point... some people need to wear glasses... so we can find (and there are... i remember in the late 90s early 2000s people were wearing those big black glasses) trends among glasses but glasses are not a trend themselves... that's what i wanted to say... i always thought it was ridiculous to wear glasses when you don't need them... but it might be some sort of feeling because when you are kid wearing glasses everybody is kidding you "you nerd!" etc. like a vilain petit canard...

for my part I want to change... mine are some Lindberg titanium or whatever unbreakable and I now want something more classic, conservative... sthg that match with the chaines I bought like 3yrs ago and never really dare to wear... and esp. sthg that fit on my face!!!
this is so hard to find the right eyeglasses... that's why I think I'll keep mine some time again...

Alain Mikli is doing very good eyewear... if someone wants to change...
Cutler and Gross, too... I like their "vintage" collection... but those "Terry Richardson" eyeglasses don't really fit on my face...

03-06-2007
girl who fell to earth

^^ i see what you're saying..
but i think that wearing glasses can be trendier at some times rather than others... i don't know if this season is one of those times though

there are definitely different trends in glasses from one season to the other.. just not really liking the style of the glasses this season

03-06-2007
V.I.P.

nerd glasses

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
04-06-2007
windowshopping

glasses are probally one of my favorite accessories

contacts = a cop out! lollll

04-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie View Post
I like glasses if the people wearing them actually need them. Just wearing glasses for the hell of it is tacky.

I've been wanting a clear/quartz plastic framed pair for a while for myself.

i dont see why its tacky to wear glasses, if u dont need them.. i used to need them and now i dont.. but i still wear them.. and theres nothing tacky about my Frames..

thats like saying wearing bracelets or chains is tacky.. you dont need to wear that.. but we do.

04-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
honestly I don't think glasses are a trend or whatever... you need to wear glass to see or not, full stop!.... I wear glass most of the time otherwise I don't see 2metre far from me...
this is not even a "styling excuse"... this is just a new accessoirize they are selling... it's the new bag on catwalks... it's hey "look you don't even have money to buy our bags or sunglasses?! well buy our glasses..."

i dont agree with that.. glasses cost just as much as some of the bags and sunglasses on the runway.. if u feel you want to wear frames as an accessory.. i dont see anything wrong with that.. frames give a lot of character.. i dont even look the same without my frames on my face!

04-06-2007
God Save McQueen

i think there is a sort of possessiveness with people who wear glasses. we need them, and a lot of them have been wearing them since before they were considered cool. its kinda weird to see people who dont need them wearing them. i dont know, its hard to explain.

to the people who would wear them for fashion, would you just wear them with plain, clear lenses? im not sure i get it i guess

05-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
i think there is a sort of possessiveness with people who wear glasses. we need them, and a lot of them have been wearing them since before they were considered cool. its kinda weird to see people who dont need them wearing them. i dont know, its hard to explain.

to the people who would wear them for fashion, would you just wear them with plain, clear lenses? im not sure i get it i guess

i mean its not rocket science.. u wear them the same way you would wear sunglasses.. with regular lenses.. essencially they are an accessory! whats there not to get?

05-06-2007
front row

theres a picture of me on my profile.. with glasses on.. i look completelt different with out my frames.. cool frames are cool frames. Period.

05-06-2007
flaunt the imperfection

i met a photographer who said he had the same glasses as me...
then asked me if mine were prescription...

i said-
no, i'm just really pretentious and i'm trying to look cool...*joke*

*then he looked all sheepish and admitted that his were just glass...

AAHHHH>>>>hahahahhaahhaah....

:p

05-06-2007
I don't know

hahahhahahahahah

05-06-2007
girl who fell to earth

softie...
i feel like that could only happen to you!

i have to say that i do find it odd when people where glasses and they don't actually need them to see

to each his own though!
i'm not hear to judge :p

05-06-2007
Unveil Yourself....

Well, I do need them to see, but refuse to wear contacts because of all the fuss involved, but also often refuse to wear my glasses when they don't match my outfit..I'd rather see bad than look bad....hello snob But when they do match my outfit, I love sporting my thick, black Hugo Bosses around! :fight:

Anyway, some more glasses:

Dolce & Gabbana

At least, I believe they are ment as glasses?

style

twitter.com/ErikP87
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, f or w, glasses