How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2007
fashion insider

^ I agree, glasses can be such an accessory

20-06-2007
scenester

People choose to shave their heads even though some people loose their hair through cancer or stress, so should they stop doing that? I don't think we can discount plain glasses as an accessory just because they are a necessity to some. Perhaps it'll give people who do need them a bigger choice. Whilst I do wear fake glasses, I wear cheap fake glasses - I'd never spend a few hundred quid on them.

20-06-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
i just find it so odd. im sorry, im not meaning to be rude or judgemental, its just a novel concept to me i guess
i agree with u, its like the whole 'i wanna be smart' if they aind prescription ones

windowshopping

i've heard of women who weren't taken seriously in corporate environments, but as soon as they don a pair of (fake) glasses they feel like they were more respected. hmmm... i have a huge thing for boys in geek glasses, but i'd be devastated to find out they weren't prescription! i'm not even sure why!

i wear glasses myself, but my problem is my lips are too full & when i wear thicker frames (which i adore on other people) they look too 'heavy' for my face. i don't have much of a bridge between my eyes either so most frames don't even sit across my face properly. gah! the ones i own now aren't too bad but i'm looking for something i'll really love.

glasses are more difficult to co-ordinate with a person's face, hairstyle & personality than with an outfit. if you find a pair of glasses that suit you i think they should be able to go with anything you wear.

on a side note- does anyone find them irritating to wear in the rain? i actually have to take mine off so i can see 'better' & the other night i nearly fell into a huge puddle

22-06-2007
scenester

Collusion, can one ever have "too full lips"?? I think not! Full lips are ENVIABLE!!

23-06-2007
windowshopping

perhaps they are, but with glasses i feel it's awkward. i keep seeing these fabulous photos of models with full coloured lips wearing thick frames & they look gorgeous but i can imagine that on the street this would translate as "that girl needs to change her prescription".

maybe glasses put an emphasis on the bottom half of your face, sort of the way sunglasses do? i might need to try more frames to get a better feel for it. i used to think bold earrings & glasses were too full-on but i've seen so many girls pulling this off & they look just too groovy for words.

dizzydog, your fake-glasses thing is actually quite endearing to me because an old friend of mine, who was the kookiest person i've ever known, used to LOVE wearing my glasses & aspired to getting her own fake pair someday. it's cute.. & yet baffling. do you wear them in particular places, like at work or for study? or just anytime you feel like it?

i don't feel as though many people would take up glasses as an accessory, but because so many require them anyway they're a good product for high-end designers to manufacture. it's something that i can justify spending more cash on, whereas i'm reluctant to spend up on bags or shoes that aren't guaranteed a high rotation. i think a lot of designers recognise that, like clothing, they can transform this necessity into something more luxurious or expressive.

23-06-2007
trendsetter

great styles, if only some of these major labels will include UVA protection for the amount it costs to buy their designs

windowshopping

i think UV protection is something your optometrist would take care of, since they're the ones who fit the lenses. although, i guess if you're getting them for non-prescription purposes it'd be nice to have?

23-06-2007
scenester

i have those!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markie View Post
I don't have any clear frames yet (still looking around for the perfect pair) but I've seen Marc Jacobs has some available in quartz, like this:
http://eyeglasses.go-optic.com/store...s.asp?id=17134
i have those glasses your talking about. unfortunatley, they broke (the screw came out) and i got contacts instead. i just find contacts so much more comfortable than glasses, i guess you can say i have a sensitive nose. haha.
props to photobucket.com

23-06-2007
V.I.P.

I just saw fake glasses at H&M today they had a very weird frame though, not geek-ish and not sophisticated looking either... They just looked cheap and everyone would notice immediately that they're fake
Not that I would have bought them anyway :p

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by collusion View Post
i have a huge thing for boys in geek glasses, but i'd be devastated to find out they weren't prescription! i'm not even sure why!
I'm with you there - I love it when a boy dons a pair of glasses - I should go hunting around the library for a new friend

and I wear my own glasses regularly - I went through a phase while in h.s. when I would stick to contacts, but now I love my glasses, I have 3 pairs

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by collusion View Post
dizzydog, your fake-glasses thing is actually quite endearing to me because an old friend of mine, who was the kookiest person i've ever known, used to LOVE wearing my glasses & aspired to getting her own fake pair someday. it's cute.. & yet baffling. do you wear them in particular places, like at work or for study? or just anytime you feel like it?
Yup I just wear them when I feel my outfit requires an extra something. I don't think glasses make a person look any more intellectual (I know some really stupid people who wear glasses and certainly don't appear any more intelligent because of them). I just use my glasses like use any other adornment/accessory.

27-06-2007
trendsetter

I love glasses but I'd like to have at least 1 pair of contacts.

glasses make me feel smart lol and i loooooove men in nice glasses *swoon!*

27-06-2007
V.I.P.

i like glasses...
i own a pair of red moschino frames... & I "need" them to read!
perscription or not...to each his own.

03-07-2007
front row

the hermes-glasses was really nice!! i love glasses, wear em all the time (when im too lazy to put my contacts in).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, f or w, glasses