How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2004
seagreen serenades

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 9 2004, 04:45 AM
I like to think of our strawberry as a HAPPY GOTH... because i imagine she dresses somewhat like a doll...which is very lolita...but maybe not so goth...i don;t know...but i think it has a nice ring to it...
[snapback]325592[/snapback]
No comment

09-08-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I have some silver skeleton earrrings that my grandma gave me as a joke gift for Christmas many years ago, in homage to "The Nightmare Before Christmas." I think she got them at a street fair.

V.I.P.

^^ I would wear those.

What Spike said really sums it up for me... I'm not interested in becoming a full-fledged 'goth kid', but I enjoy looking at the styles and incorporating different aspects of culture and time into my outfits is always fun.

09-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 8 2004, 10:07 PM
purple...i your pics...the make up is awesome and the earrings are perfect...good job...how fun...thx for sharing..
[snapback]325550[/snapback]
Thanks, I had fun getting dressed up! I'm really enjoying this topic, since it's great to see so many different spins on the look. My personal take on the fashion is really pretty erratic, since I could probably never manage the full thing. Like TheSoCalledPrep said, it's more of something to use in moderation.

09-08-2004
V.I.P.

Softie, here are some skull pins:

http://www.metalsmiths.com/3skull.html

http://www.lapelpinplanet.com/science/scie...kull_large.html

http://www.metalsmiths.com/skulbo.html

http://www.metalsmiths.com/skulpi.html

http://www.schwalbstudio.com/skull_pin.htm

http://www.hottopic.com/store/produc...=0&ITEM=216135 (A ring, but very nice anyway)

USABikerShop.com also has alot of skull stuff, no pins though.

I still haven't found one that I want. The style I'm looking for is like the ring from Hottopic... I asked in several Hot Topic stores, though, they don't have anything but button-type things.

09-08-2004
fashion elite

I hate to say this, but look at Avril in her My Happy Endings vid with the skirt and boots ...if that's even considered goth, that is.

Jazz it up a little

flaunt the imperfection..

thanks...thesocalledprep...i like the skull on the ring the best too...

09-08-2004
front row

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Amanda. She liked to wear black both for what she considered to the the slimming benefits, and because it assisted in laundry sorting. There was delicate, non, and dry. She loved to look ultra-fem, and tried her hardest to remember such golden rules as "always tie your boots before your corset," "you are not Robert Smith," and "zombie-makeup is not so complimentary."

Regarding blondes rocking the goth look, it can be sexy. It can strong. Just please don't let it be Stevie Nicks.

In highschool, I wore a huge silver jolly roger ring. I've since upgraded to huge gold with diamond cross ring. I'm never looking back, either. Most goths I know despise gold. They're all about the black and white. I personally started loving gold maybe... five years ago? But then I'm also reformed. (Oh, but I'm STILL looking for my perfect sacred heart.)

Another thing that I always have and always will love is white. Full on gear done in pure snow white is more eye-catching in a club full of black, and it can swing the way from virginal to ice princess to lushy cyber vixen.

Regarding corsets, if you want a fashion corset, I would check out the underpants shops or ren stores near you. Many can order from catalogues or keep other supplies in the back. Go in, explain what you want, and let the clerk do what they're paid to. Victoria's, Frederick's, any sort of leather or fetish shop. I like going to smaller shops, I find that they're more eager to help (due to competition and valuing you as a patron,) and if they can't help you they generally have a pretty good idea of who can. If you have any sort of smaller gothy businesses, any victorian inspired shops, anything with bridal sets even. I find that some of the large underwear chains REALLY overprice for what you get, but I'm the sort who will pay big for it to last forever. You do want to be careful that whatever you get has a return policy or some level of customer service. If improperly fitted, the corset WILL chafe. Horrifically. Even if you powder or wear a liner.

Corset Links

PrettyPretty
www.gothicasylum.com
www.asylum7.net (on the serious side of pretty-pretty)
www.flamingangels.com
www.crimsongypsy.com
www.badattitude.com

InItToWinIt
www.absolutecorsets.com
www.corsetconnection.com
www.darkgarden.com
www.galleryserpentine.com
www.realcorsets.com
http://www.versatilefashions.com/
www.corsetmaker.com

Some other places I would check if you want to find resources, is your local goth community website. Most major cities do have online communities that can help you find the shops that are going to be most targeted to what sort of look you would exactly like. http://www.toronto-goth.com/ is the local one here.

I've found that most of the really good loli stuff is either custom done, or from Japan.

Few other sites you can try:

A Noir Heavy Red (sort of cheese, but potential)
divinity designs - i've always been fond of havarti.

And hey, squaredancing suppliers are untapped resources. No, I'm not kidding. :|

This is also a really good article that came out a couple of years back on the look. I bookmarked it, I liked it so much!

Morbid Outlook - EGL article from 2002.

Sooo... Good luck with the look, and I hope to see some piccies!

09-08-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

The dress on the right isthe one I was talking about in the teen choice awards thread. jessica alba is wearing something super similar. I really want to know where these are from! I adore them!

09-08-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

deleting this message. triple post.

09-08-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

deleting this post

09-08-2004
front row

When I was a goth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angelo6.jpg (20.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Angelo3.jpg (11.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Pleather.jpg (13.1 KB, 113 views)

V.I.P.

I like this, and the makeup too..

09-08-2004
chaos reigns

Oh ... my best friend does the look flawlessly ... and let me tell you she's a traffic-stopper .. she's incredibly shy so she rarely dresses... hum, how can I put it? dramatically? ...well ... she does the fishnets and the boots and the corsets and definitively is into the victorian goth look... she gets amazing patterns and knits some kick-*** gloves ...
She recently got married and moved to PA .. I miss her miserably because we use to spend at least 10 hours a day together and she got all this quirky cute lil things that makes her incredibly sexy/appealing.
I think in her case twas genetic (japanese people definitively are the best to do the lola-goth!)

V.I.P.

i leik goth looks, i used to be kind of into it when i was 10, i'm kind of over it though, plus i never liked goth music

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gothic, style