How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
12-08-2004
  76
loaded and locked
 
mishahoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T-o-k-y-o
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,138
oh, i love this topic! since ive come to tokyo ive gotten more interested in the gothic scene (inculding all the aspects, egl, lolita, rock, etc). i even met a egl and she took me to this event called a la mode last week. i wore my stephanie coudert dress (which is borderline aristocrat) and took a foot long lenore doll as my accessory. i had a great time, and some of the costumes/ outfits/ pieces were absolutely amazing. lots of androgyny as well, which was quite fascinating. i plan on going to more a la mode events in the future (there were also quite a lot of men, including older men, dressed up lolita- sweet lolita even!). had a blast.

  Reply With Quote
 
12-08-2004
  77
Fierce Flava
 
Sephora_Socialite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Begas
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,767
I pulled off a very nice cute artistic type punk/goth girl before...I stopped only because it was causing a lot of problems with a few friends who are just plain...i dunno...haters???

Maybe sometime this week I'll try to see if I could still pull it off and take pics.

__________________
TFS 6th SECRET SANTA- Join Now!!!



  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  78
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,480
I love the goth style and have from time to time incorporated it into my way of dressing. I would never do full out goth though. I like going to shops such as Hot Topic and checking out the cool goth stuff they have there.

__________________
"There's a fine line between Chaos and Creation"- Sir Paul McCartney
  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  79
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,930
Quote:
Originally posted by mishahoi@Aug 12 2004, 04:44 AM
oh, i love this topic! since ive come to tokyo ive gotten more interested in the gothic scene (inculding all the aspects, egl, lolita, rock, etc). i even met a egl and she took me to this event called a la mode last week. i wore my stephanie coudert dress (which is borderline aristocrat) and took a foot long lenore doll as my accessory. i had a great time, and some of the costumes/ outfits/ pieces were absolutely amazing. lots of androgyny as well, which was quite fascinating. i plan on going to more a la mode events in the future (there were also quite a lot of men, including older men, dressed up lolita- sweet lolita even!). had a blast.
[snapback]329269[/snapback]
....that sounds like so much fun...!!!...lucky you...any pics to share?...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  80
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
I like it when it's done right. It's very romantic and has certain depth and tragedy - all elements that produce a good human being. Some goth girls I see in the village are the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Sadly, most of these kids are in it for the scene.

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  81
V.I.P.
 
TheSoCalledPrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,307
Faust says everything I want to say but can't get into the right words...

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  82
trendsetter
 
kitsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Britain
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,358
Here's some of my favourite pictures featuring Nina Brosh, dark yet so beautiful.

One
Two
Three

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  83
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 12 2004, 11:57 AM
Faust says everything I want to say but can't get into the right words...
[snapback]329636[/snapback]
Thanks

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  84
barcode
 
Spike413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,411
This is the 'goth" that I like.......






These looks to me are perfect examples of how goth style can be done to perfection. It's dark, it's mysterious, it's sensual.....it comes off really naturally. The Gucci look is a bit more obvious in the gothic references with the cross and the lacing, but it still isn't overdone or forced looking. Angelina's look is perfect to me because it's what so many people think of when they think goth, dark, slim, and somewhat dangerous.

__________________
You need to move fashion forward when there's a reason to move fashion forward - Tom Ford

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  85
trendsetter
 
kitsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Britain
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 12 2004, 06:01 PM
This is the 'goth" that I like.......




These looks to me are perfect examples of how goth style can be done to perfection. It's dark, it's mysterious, it's sensual.....it comes off really naturally. The Gucci look is a bit more obvious in the gothic references with the cross and the lacing, but it still isn't overdone or forced looking. Angelina's look is perfect to me because it's what so many people think of when they think goth, dark, slim, and somewhat dangerous.
[snapback]329979[/snapback]
Beautiful.

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  86
V.I.P.
 
TheSoCalledPrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,307
I love the Gucci look

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  87
V.I.P.
 
TheSoCalledPrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,307
And Nina Brosh oh my... Perfect.

  Reply With Quote
12-08-2004
  88
barcode
 
Spike413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,411
Yeah, Gucci did the look really well.

__________________
You need to move fashion forward when there's a reason to move fashion forward - Tom Ford

  Reply With Quote
13-08-2004
  89
stories everywhere
 
oceanharlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: dot
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,714
dark and sleek. always sexy.

__________________
m
  Reply With Quote
13-08-2004
  90
backstage pass
 
Join Date: May 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally posted by mehg@Aug 9 2004, 01:12 AM
purple....that make up really suits you oddly enough. you look awesome in the second set.....your face just has a really great shape to it with that makeup.

Am loving those last outfits posted....where from?
[snapback]325670[/snapback]
I think you were talking to me. They are from here: http://www.desanka.com

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gothic, style
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.