How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2008
rising star

I love Hello Kitty and have since I was a little girl but I wouldn't wear it out.

20-07-2008
windowshopping

I love Hello Kitty things, it's something my best friend and I collect. We always get hello kitty presents for each other

But when I do incorporate HK into my ensemble, I do so sparingly, I dont want to look five....

tfs star

Anything besides skulls is something to be excited about. I can remember around this time ten years ago, you were either in love with Mickey Mouse or Tweety. Countless merchandise to show off love for Mickey Mouse (even Minnie Mouse) and Tweety were shown off. Everyday style nowadays is more about message T-shirts, Happy Bunny (cute, but annoying, especially the messages), and stuff like that.

A few of my girl friends wear a lot of Hello Kitty stuff. Hello Kitty is cute. The Animé style is lovely. I think it's actually a testament that peppy Japanese design and Japanese characters can be accepted and put onto clothes and other items. Hello Kitty is a simple, yet cute design. There's even been a number of different tops bearing certain messages and certain looks. Messages include:

"Can you dig it?"
"I love the 80s" <<< you all know how I feel about the '80s, though born in 1983

The design is very fun. As for older women wearing Hello Kitty, why not? I still remember seeing that Hello Kitty necklace thing that sells for about $2,000! If femmes of various ages were wearing Mickey Mouse stuff ten years ago, why not this decade as well? Hello Kitty's the "it" character nowadays. Not sure how much of one... still got to make skull designs take a permanent dirt nap. All in all, I have no problem with Hello Kitty. I'm even a cat lover personally, so that's double the love for Hello Kitty.

When you want a cute character to wear that doesn't intentionally deliver mean and sarcastic messages (Happy Bunny), go Hello Kitty!

tfs star

hello kitty. absolutely not. i am so sick of it i wanna vomit. i saw this poor girl who got hello kitty tattooed on her arm.

21-07-2008
windowshopping

Although i like Hello Kitty a lot (i grew up in an Asian country so Hello Kitty is obviously a significant part of our culture), i rather see it in daily stuff like toaster, curtain, cup, pillow and so on...basically anything but clothes...and the idea of the bag and the expensive jeweleries (Kimora collaboration) is just kinda weird...just imagine a grown up woman going to a parent-teacher conference for her young daughter with this kind of bag makes me laugh so much...

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

i really prefer those other Sanrio characters..
especially from San-X
much more interesting + amusing :p

21-07-2008
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Storm, my 3 year old, has discovered 'Little Kitty' as she calls it...

So now we have Hello Kitty bandaids.. and you bet.. at the slightest scratch.. she has to have it adored with a bandaid.

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by Hanne; 21-07-2008 at 12:48 PM.
21-07-2008
mme
backstage pass

As an asian growing up with Hello Kitty, it gets tired very fast.
^ San-X however... is Rilakkuma is my favourite character ever. He just melts my heart

21-07-2008
oh! darling

I do enjoy the random Hello Kitty knick-knack: erasers, pencils, stationary.

My coin purse is Hello Kitty! in fact.

tfs star

But again... I'd rather Hello Kitty than any other annoying characters. Skulls are all played out as is some other stuff. Even if you don't like Hello Kitty, at least this is something different. Not to mention acceptable as well.

windowshopping

yay for hello kitty accessories
but helly kitty shirts and stuff... gets old.. i stopped wearing the ones that i have and its sad but i just cant get myself to wear them. unless its like a black tee with just hello kitty's face on it, or something pop art relevant, i cant wear it.

and even with the accessories, i dont mean the cheap ones.. ie: stick on hello kitty face earrings.
i mean like almost sophisticated stylized ones.
i have a hello kitty mirror that i cant live without
and also i changed my ichat icon on my macbook to a hello kitty icon.
haha sorry

22-07-2008
trendsetter

Is there anywhere I can buy a cute Hello Kitty collar for my puppy? I don't want some chavvy bling one, just a nice light blue collar with little Hello Kitty faces on it or something along that line...?

22-07-2008
oh! darling

^I would suggest the Sanrio website: sanrio.com.

clever ain't wise

All I ask is, who needs Kitty, when you can have Sanrio products like the dark brooding Choco Cat or the tender little twin stars?!?!?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/GamerGurl_2006/Sanrio/Chococat/chococat3.jpg
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=92320374

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 22-07-2008 at 11:39 AM.
22-07-2008
oh! darling

^ Chococat!

Definitely love the Pochacco doggie myself.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
craze, hello kitty, kitty