How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54
I like those acne ones , the others ones are ugly. Well firstly , with any jean you have to wear it right. I dont think wide leg skyscrapers are nasty , I own two . Maybe the fit of hers wasnt good, or maybe she was just nasty!!! haha
Yeah like when I was in my skinny jean mood last year, I tried like 40 pairs , and trust me some looked really hideous, only ONE skinny jean in my opinion
is the best , SIWY!!!! so you cant just categorize . Also its a new silhouette , and in fashion thats a welcomed change. The high waisted dominated the late 70s and 80s and fashion comes full circle ......!!!
Also Im 5'5 . I aint a super model, those jeans are awesome and make me tall!!! PEople before making judgement try the stuff one seriously!!!!!
even if they fit me, im just too tired of the flared leg that was there for so meny years before the skinny jeans came.. i really love all my skinny jeans and im sticking to them for now..i like high wasted skinny jeans like the acnes. like the carrot jeans, some trends i just cant catch on. id wear the flared skyscrapers maybe if i was going to a 70s party.. maybe.. being 5'8, i dont have problems with being short, in fact i cant wear too high heels etc. cause then i will be taller than my bf!!! lol

06-06-2006
V.I.P.

hmm
well , i think variety is the spice of life. I looooooooooooooooooooooooove the 70s . Thats why I love those jeans so much hehe, well , I guess everyone has their tastes and takes , to be honest I really hope this trend explodes because its hard finding these , only a few top designers make em , because its a really really fresh trend and its yet to hit the high street follow the fate of the skinny jean hahah. I hope kate moss will don something like this and set the trend on fire !!!! Everyones copying her , she should get in a look nobody has been in , thats why i like this look a lot.

07-06-2006
V.I.P.

i can't find shoes to wear with thise flares without them dragging and can't do platforms with this look...
i think the acne's look hideous, could be the flat butt on the model, but seriously...i see where they are going with this..but did they have to do that side shot.looks like a teenage boy. lol

07-06-2006
rising star

No. Please no. No high-waisted jeans! It's the type of jeans that deforms the body of anyone who isn't skinny--creating the double-belly effect out of the pressure of the "waist" of the jeans on their fat. Yuck! Ew! Gross! Ever see naked pictures of fat people who wear high-waisted jeans for too many years, especially with a belt? It's not pretty. It looks much worse than the "muffin top", let me tell you. It literally deforms their bodies. I'm a nudist at heart, so I think about these things....

11-06-2006
rising star

http://www.geocities.com/ther_over/jns1-tn.jpg

http://www.ballyhoovintage.com/miva/images/85078d2.jpg

11-06-2006
rising star

I doubt it's going to be big. High waisted pants make your bum look massive and your belly round and prominent. Looks like those pants women use to wear in the early 70's. Kind of nice on (again!) tall slim women but that's it, imo.

11-06-2006
V.I.P.

11-06-2006
front row

the design for high-waists is of course extreeemely important. They cannot be too flared and not too tight in the waist like the 70's versions probably are. But i think it's not a matter of whether, is a matter of how soon they'll be back. The low-rise has been going on for so long that people almost have got a new bodyshape it seems (and that'll be strawberry I guess). I mean...who could say no to those Calvins Brooke is wearing?

(source: soliscompany.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ck.brooke2.jpg (80.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Angie C; 11-06-2006 at 10:56 AM.

11-06-2006
scenester

I love higher waisted pants / jeans!

I have the ACNE HEX and love how they compliment my shape cuz I have hips and definite booty. I do have some low rise also but LOVE the higher waisted pants (only with high heels). I totally agree that you need height to wear them, but totally disagree that you need to be ultra thin. Actually, if you are extremely skinny it's too boyish of a look and not flattering at all, but hips and a butt are banging in this cut!

11-06-2006
backstage pass

i guess if you added a tiny (almost bikini) top & some pumps with the capris, it could look very 50s, christina agulaira inspired

11-06-2006
V.I.P.

Yeah , with a not too wide leg , but wide yet rommy straight like 20 inch -22 inch leg rather than the 70s 25 inch standard, and with a waist which hits the natural waist ( like they are suppose ) to you have the eventual killing maching of the the low rise jeans ...mark my words ....also speaking of which, if you see the latest issue of cosmo. KATE MOSS , yes KATE MOSS is donning a pair of roomy high waisted pants .......and she has been sporting this look very very recently , I guess she was fed up of being copied in low rise skinnies so she moved on!!!! SO , fashion moves on and the next big thing is the high waisted boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baby!!!

11-06-2006
backstage pass

^^ some of those men look so tiny and short! Blah! Don't like it!

11-06-2006
trendsetter

i dont think they look good on everyone... but it would be cool to see a change in jeans preference.

26-08-2006
front row

I'm still waiting for this trend to hit big....

Kate Moss wore them not too long ago, shouldn't there be lookalikes everywhere by now?
anyone else with me???

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, high, jeans, waisted