How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-10-2005
V.I.P.

As much as i find them refreshing, I think they are really uncomfortable and unflattering..... but I'd rather wear those than low waist jeans.....

09-10-2005
Your pm box is full buggy

Mom jeans?

09-10-2005
scenester

I absolutely high-waisted, skinny-legged jeans. I remember shopping for so long last fall to try and find them!! Hopefully they will soon be easier to find.

09-10-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
Oh i loooooove the highwaist, I've always rocked it, and will never do a low waist. It helps if you've gotta linear bod for pants. But Leather high waisted tapered skirts are soooooooo damn hot!!
I think you just might rock!

09-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande
Loooo~~ng ***! Eww!

Oh yes, also the waist to hip area needs to be slim, not baggy, gathered OR pleated!

09-10-2005
windowshopping

You know, I tried some of these high-waisted jeans on recently, and after several years of wearing low-rise, the sight of myself in the mirror was actually almost terrifying. I looked much heavier in them than I actually am (or than I am used to seeing myself in my current lower-waisted styles). It was almost a freakish comparison to how I usually look, and I don't even wear my jeans superlow. And I am a pretty normal-sized girl. So I imagine the effect will be similar for many others, and I question whether these will really catch on.

I wish a nice MEDIUM rise would come back in fashion, but I have yet to find a good pair of these.

09-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourregesBlonde
You know, I tried some of these high-waisted jeans on recently, and after several years of wearing low-rise, the sight of myself in the mirror was actually almost terrifying. I looked much heavier in them than I actually am (or than I am used to seeing myself in my current lower-waisted styles). It was almost a freakish comparison to how I usually look, and I don't even wear my jeans superlow. And I am a pretty normal-sized girl. So I imagine the effect will be similar for many others, and I question whether these will really catch on.

I wish a nice MEDIUM rise would come back in fashion, but I have yet to find a good pair of these.
I truly think medium would just end up being like our jeans in the late 90's.
It would have to be very high or not at all.
I think if a style comes out that is designed right, it won't look odd.

09-10-2005
front row

I have a pair of high waisted jeans and I love them. I actually think that they are way more flattering on me than low rise jeans. I also like the silhouette more and it looks fresh. Not all high waisted jeans are terrible, like anything else you have to search through a lot of pairs to find the right ones that look terrific.

10-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
Mom jeans?
That's what I used to think, until I got tired of low waist jeans....

10-10-2005
V.I.P.

I remember these jeans. I wonder how they'd look on me.

10-10-2005
tfs star

pics?
I've seen the ioc stuff and wasn't impressed.

I looked high and wide for low rise jeans through the 90s because high waisted styles are so constricting and uncomfortable, and gender specific/girly. I always ended up buying mens jeans.

I'm totally into the skinny jeans thing, but with a low rise like tsubis. I think that high rise pants is one trend that will look good on only a few people working a 70s roller girl vibe and will look terrible on most others (mom jean factor).

10-10-2005
scenester

I'm pretty fond of my low rise jeans but I'm getting a little tired of them. High waisted jeans that are around now are designed for middle aged women with broader waists who want to hide it. If the normal jeans companies began designing high rise they'd be far more decent.
Alot of guys think that low-rise pants hide the shape of women's curves.

10-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
Mom jeans?
That's what comes to mind for me as well. I don't know about this, at least for me, anyway. I have one pair of them but I don't wear them too often because I feel much more comfortable in my low-rises.

10-10-2005
etre soi-meme

love them when dark denim, slim line and two sizes too big.. so they slouch a bit on the waist
levis & levis enginered (sp) have some very cute ones then one needs to play a bit with the high waist..

(i dont own any low waist jeans to be honest)

10-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma peel
pics?
I've seen the ioc stuff and wasn't impressed.

I looked high and wide for low rise jeans through the 90s because high waisted styles are so constricting and uncomfortable, and gender specific/girly. I always ended up buying mens jeans.

I'm totally into the skinny jeans thing, but with a low rise like tsubis. I think that high rise pants is one trend that will look good on only a few people working a 70s roller girl vibe and will look terrible on most others (mom jean factor).

We should also consider back in the days the jeans never had stretch in them, so perhaps it won't be as uncomfortable. Lycra definitely goes along way. Mom jeans don't break up and have really small waistbands and extra long bum and front rises, with a whole lot of ease in the hip area.
Low rise jeans are more comfortable because your stomach can just hang out ( hopefully not too much!)
I need some pictures girls! lol...
I am truly fearing the long butt.
I wonder what type of shirts to go with it? Would you also take the top up higher?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, high, jeans, waisted