How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2010
front row

I think that it is a 'love it or hate it' trend.
Personally, i believe that high waisted jeans can make an outfit look fabulous if they're worn properly and kitsch if they get conbined with the wrong things.

29-11-2010
windowshopping

I love this trend, although it's nearly impossible to find a good looking pair.

05-12-2010
windowshopping

If you have the body, go for it. If you don't... don't.

05-12-2010
trendsetter

The gap just introduced their skinny jeans (which are great btw) in a higher waisted version. I'm going to try a pair and report back.

05-12-2010
front row

I almost always wear high waisted jeans, but I never tuck my top inside them. I wear a long top so it doesn't look like I'm wearing high waisted jeans. I think they make my legs look longer.

windowshopping

I LOVE anything high waisted. It annoys me that there are not more super skinny jeans that have a higher waist line. I'm very fussy about the circumference of the hems of my jeans..

01-01-2014
backstage pass

A zombie awakening for this thread... b/c I still love high-waisted jeans. Haha. So here: I offer you an inspirational photo.

http://fastandtracks.blogspot.com/2013/08/so-long-pussycat.html

Years ago I found, bought, and have now worn down my favorite high waisted black skinnies--the brand is the seeming defunct Denimbirds (lady-side of Nudies I guess?). I've always wanted a pair of reasonably priced and not-worn-down Acne Needles but that's been slow-going in terms of finding a pair second-hand (tho I got an amazing pair of the med-high-waisted Acne Hex in Lena second hand). I notice more and more that I don't have this staple atm that I may just bite the bullet and pay retail....but I doubt that'll happen tbqh, haha.

ANYWAY--and this is why I'm here--aside from Wood Wood, maybe Court, and H&M (none of these have fit quite right...) where are the high-waisted black skinny jeans with appropriate pockets that still feel like jeans (e.g. 98% cotton)?

Thanks in adv for any suggestions.

02-01-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesypersound View Post
A zombie awakening for this thread... b/c I still love high-waisted jeans. Haha. So here: I offer you an inspirational photo.

**Please, do NOT quote photos**

Years ago I found, bought, and have now worn down my favorite high waisted black skinnies--the brand is the seeming defunct Denimbirds (lady-side of Nudies I guess?). I've always wanted a pair of reasonably priced and not-worn-down Acne Needles but that's been slow-going in terms of finding a pair second-hand (tho I got an amazing pair of the med-high-waisted Acne Hex in Lena second hand). I notice more and more that I don't have this staple atm that I may just bite the bullet and pay retail....but I doubt that'll happen tbqh, haha.

ANYWAY--and this is why I'm here--aside from Wood Wood, maybe Court, and H&M (none of these have fit quite right...) where are the high-waisted black skinny jeans with appropriate pockets that still feel like jeans (e.g. 98% cotton)?

Thanks in adv for any suggestions.
I love high waisted jeans, they'll be pried from my cold dead hands.

Recently I went shopping for some clothes revamping and wasn't planning on buying jeans but bought some anyway. Came across a brand I never heard before called Bandolino (note that I don't keep up with clothing brands a lot so they probably been out longer than what I know of.)

They have different names for certain jeans; mandie, samantha, lucie, etc. One pair I bought was lydia - high waisted, stretch, slim leg. They are 75% cotton, but I personally like how the feel, and they fit me well (smaller waist, wider hips.) And they were about $20 when got them. Don't know if this helps but thought I'd try anyway

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 03-01-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Please do NOT quote photos
02-01-2014
rising star

I love high waisted jeans, and now they're all I wear. I actually got rid of all my low rise jeans as they're so unflattering and uncomfortable (bending over in low rise jeans sucks).

I mainly get mine from H&M or Topshop but I also have a few high waist trousers from American Apparel.

Tags
#2, high, jeans, waisted