How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2007
V.I.P.

whoever she is she is gorgeous.

30-03-2007
tfs star

I love all the new pictures! Thanks for posting!

blog: http://pascommedesenfants.blogspot.com
30-03-2007
scenester

Post 191 I love. It's interesting how some people in North America say that those women must feel so repressed because they have to cover up like that and then yet you talk to them and they don't even think about it. She's beautiful and very stylish! I wish I could pull that off.

V.I.P.

There are some forms of al-Hijab which are pretty repressive. Look at the Burqa it doesn't even have an opening.

30-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ The burqa gives me the creeps! And it's true, many women are forced to wear the burqa or some of the more "repressive" versions. I like the hijab because it can be modernized and updated. So a woman can practice her religion and still look put together and stylish. THe burqa is just way too much.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Spades
Post 191 I love. It's interesting how some people in North America say that those women must feel so repressed because they have to cover up like that and then yet you talk to them and they don't even think about it. She's beautiful and very stylish! I wish I could pull that off.
lol while at the same time the American media brainwash women to wear makeup, get a cheap tan and wear suggestively (and show a lot of skin) just for them to look norm and so forth and blah blah blah... who is repressing who now??? im just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthaeus123
There are some forms of al-Hijab which are pretty repressive. Look at the Burqa it doesn't even have an opening.
^Burqa are just ridiculous and it was never mentioned in Al Qu'ran, it is just some opressing butthole who force women to wear it, ie. Taliban (somone can correct on me that if i was wrong). besides... I always wonder how can they not trip on the burqa.... So huge and chunky.

V.I.P.

I just looked up the verse in my Qur'an. The verse really is pretty open to interpretation. It mostly has to do with the culture.

Whats the problem with this?

wikipedia.org

31-03-2007
scenester

Quote:
lol while at the same time the American media brainwash women to wear makeup, get a cheap tan and wear suggestively (and show a lot of skin) just for them to look norm and so forth and blah blah blah... who is repressing who now??? im just saying
Totally, our culture thinks its got the monopoly on all that is right and good when really it often comes across as ignorant. These women are gorgeous and totally rock it.

V.I.P.

I personally like the pants and shoes in the last pic

04-04-2007
rising star

Hi guyz..very intresting thread and alot of good comments.
I just wanted to add mine since my a new hijabie ( ie..Ive just started to wear the hijab)...Reading through the thread it made me realize that alot of people who perhaps are not muslim are very open and positive about the whole "hijab issue" which makes me me really happy. with all the media negativity, people forget that many women themselves decide to wear it. But i think people forget that we are also women and we are intrested in all the things other women like...for example i absolutly love Kate Moss, shes my style icon, ok i may not wear everyting that she does, but i can still like it and be inspired by her. I think some people just see the hijab and think "oh shes been forced to wear that"
Anyway enough ranting....just want to say..great pics.....plz plz post some more if anyone has any...thank u in advance

04-04-2007
V.I.P.

^ Don't worry about what other people think. It's def. about how comfortable you are with your decisions. Not everyone wants to dress provacatively, and not everyone wants to cover up. I find it aesthetically gorgeous and can understand the reasoning behind it

V.I.P.

Not very good, but hey, it's something

I like them when they're colorful, or at least mixed with colorful pieces

I love that she's texting

flickr

Last edited by xmodel citizen; 04-04-2007 at 09:34 PM.
04-04-2007
V.I.P.

This one's def. not the typical black

flickr

front row

^^ I realy like the prints of the above photo. Thanks for putting up these fabulous photos xmodel

05-04-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodel citizen
^ Don't worry about what other people think. It's def. about how comfortable you are with your decisions. Not everyone wants to dress provacatively, and not everyone wants to cover up. I find it aesthetically gorgeous and can understand the reasoning behind it
Thank u That was really nice of u!!!!
and thanks for the pics!!!!! I love seeing diff styles...I end up trying them in front of the mirror!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chic, hijab