How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2008
In Bloom

^She looks like a doll, so perfect

we were in love

15-02-2008
trendsetter

^^ i like the person in the top left corner in the second pic

taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadEyes View Post
Sheikhah Mouzah ..
thanks for the pic ParadEyes, I can see alot of J P Gaultier couture, some Dior & Chanel Coutures too with personal modifications, what a classy lady with a sublime taste.

I heard that last summer Prada turbans were invented for her.

Last edited by taz; 07-04-2008 at 07:17 AM.
07-04-2008
V.I.P.

this woman from Qatar looks great....
is there anybody from Qatar there???? (please PM me....... I have some questions........)

07-04-2008
fashion insider

The hijab only looks good in gorgeous girls, the rest, in average people like most of us looks absolutely dreadful, It would be like wearing a swimcap in the streets, just awful.
When you can see a bit of hair it's no so bad but the other way Makes perfectly normal girls look ugly.

I though the Koran only said that women should dress with modesty, does it really say textually that girls have to cover the totally of their hair?

07-04-2008
V.I.P.

^i have a friend in university who converted from catholic to muslim.... and i asked her about that.... she had to learn lot of stuff before becoming muslim and she told me she only wear it to show her love to her husband (she's like 24-25).... a sort of respect for her husband. but told me you aren't obliged....
but i guess it all depends from which country you are because everytime it seems a new story comes....

07-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
The hijab only looks good in gorgeous girls, the rest, in average people like most of us looks absolutely dreadful, It would be like wearing a swimcap in the streets, just awful.
When you can see a bit of hair it's no so bad but the other way Makes perfectly normal girls look ugly.

I though the Koran only said that women should dress with modesty, does it really say textually that girls have to cover the totally of their hair?
I completely and totally disagree. How can a head scarf make someone look ugly? That defies reason.

V.I.P.

Quote:
The part of the Qu'ran that says that can mean a lot of things. Some interpret it as "covering" some interpret it as a "scarf". Pretty much it's just based on your culture's interpretation

08-04-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodel citizen View Post
I completely and totally disagree. How can a head scarf make someone look ugly? That defies reason.
Hair is an adornment and very important to our idea of beauty. that's exactly why they cover it. Nuns do it also for the same reason. Hair historically has always been associated with lust, desire and beauty So in your opinion hair does not contribute to someone's beauty, that's a new one. I guess we just have to think of Britney Spears to prove the theory.

08-04-2008
V.I.P.

No, I don't think hair makes a person beautiful. An ugly person will be ugly with or without hair. A beautiful person will be beautiful with or without hair. Does covering a woman's arms or breasts or legs make her somehow less attractive? I'm well aware of the role hair plays in society's views on feminine sexuality but honestly, it's ridiculous. I'd rather not be defined by what society thinks about a woman's hair or body and I have a feeling many Muslim women agree as well. Many women find modesty and desexualization far more appealing than having to live up to ridiculous standards of beauty found in the media.

And Britney Spears looked a MILLION times better bald than with the atrocious ghetto weave that looks like a giant dying rat that she's wearing at the moment.

Last edited by xmodel citizen; 08-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.
08-04-2008
G86
front row

Quote:
Hair is an adornment and very important to our idea of beauty. that's exactly why they cover it. Nuns do it also for the same reason. Hair historically has always been associated with lust, desire and beauty So in your opinion hair does not contribute to someone's beauty, that's a new one. I guess we just have to think of Britney Spears to prove the theory.
i don't think that the point of wearing hijab is looking beautiful or attractive.and it's not looking ugly either. the point is keeping your pride and walk around without attracting men. it is to avoid the sexual attraction.that's why it's not suppose to be tight, short...etc

08-04-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by G86 View Post
i don't think that the point of wearing hijab is looking beautiful or attractive.and it's not looking ugly either. the point is keeping your pride and walk around without attracting men. it is to avoid the sexual attraction.that's why it's not suppose to be tight, short...etc
And men can't find other ways to be sexually attracted to women?????? I think wearing hijab is an act of modesty, not as a deterrent from a man's attention.

Last edited by educo; 08-04-2008 at 05:03 PM.
09-04-2008
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadEyes View Post
i love this picture of Sheikhah Mouzah - the wife of the Emir of Qatar

*please do not quote images. thank you

kaznova
she has inspired Annick Goutal in thier latest creations:
Quote:
Annick Goutal Musc Nomade (2008) {New Fragrance}

Annick Goutal have released a fourth perfume in their new collection Les Orientalistes. After Ambre Fétiche, Myrrhe Ardente, and Encens Flamboyant, the new fragrance is and ode to yet another mystical and sensual ingredient from the East, musk, and is called Musc Nomade.

The scent derives its inspiration from Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen's impressions of the substance as they inhaled it from the hair of Qatar princesses who are customers of theirs, as they are in the habit of perfuming themselves with a blend of musk powder, rose essence, mixed with lingering traces of oud burned to scent their interiors.....

Musc Nomade is based on both vegetal and recreated musks only. It features a synthetically reconstructed Muscone, white musks, one of them originating from Angelica root, ambrette seed, tonka bean, labdanum, and Bombay wood, a varietal of papyrus.
The composition is described as being both luminous and dark, carnal and pure, soft and furry.
(Via Annick Goutal press release)

scentedsalamander

Last edited by Spike413; 10-04-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: quoted images
09-04-2008
Away From Here

To clarify earlier discussions, hijab does not just refer to covering the hair. It's literal translation is "covering", and in practice it means one should not only cover their hair, but cover their bodies as well ... that's why Muslim women who wear the head scarf also don't show their legs or arms, and in general wear loose fitting clothing.

I think people focus so much on the hair aspect b/c the headscarf is such a noticable symbol. But really, if you're wearing a hijab and also wearing skin-tight jeans and a short top (like many girls do), then you're defeating the whole purpose. It's not about hair, it's about overall modesty.

It has nothing to do with respecting one's husband or father .. although as someone mentioned I'm sure some cultures use that as an explanation, but it has no basis in religion

09-04-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingqueen View Post

It has nothing to do with respecting one's husband or father .. although as someone mentioned I'm sure some cultures use that as an explanation, but it has no basis in religion
I see a lot of muslim girls who dress like skanks, literally, and they still wear the hijab even though they're almost naked. That is only because their parents tell them to, and because friends of the family will tell the family if the girls don't wear their hijabs. I just don't get that. I so agree.

I also dislike when 6 year old girls wear the hijab. They are little girls! They don't need to cover anything for men not to be attracted to them, they are little children

Some girls wear it well, some girls don't...most of the girls where I live don't

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chic, hijab