How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
recognition and celebration of beauty is enouraged in Islam
In of the Midde-Eastern Houses i've been to..I remember seeing a carpert with arabic writting..When I asked what it meant they translated it as God loves Beauty..

Very well put vikingqueen

08-11-2005
Away From Here

thank you - it just makes me sad that ppl think of muslims as these ultra-strict, sort of dour ppl ...i know not all think that way, but that's the perception i always seem to be running up against. I promise, we're totally fun ppl!!!

08-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingqueen
thank you - it just makes me sad that ppl think of muslims as these ultra-strict, sort of dour ppl ...i know not all think that way, but that's the perception i always seem to be running up against. I promise, we're totally fun ppl!!!
I have nothing against Muslims at all, infact i am quite fond of them. just because of the amazing people I came across and there way of living..their pure hearts and how clean they are..thats what i call modesty...I am sorry vikingqueen that you have to feel that way...Something else I remeber this muslim girl telling me about how in muslim prayers..they all pray together in one line...there is no special rug or mat for a king nor royalities...a begger and a king may pray together...that amused me...

08-11-2005
Away From Here

thank you - it's ppl like you that give me faith in humanity! for every ignorant, misinformed person i meet, i meet ten more who are open-minded and curious to learn....

Last edited by vikingqueen; 08-11-2005 at 12:49 PM.
08-11-2005
fashion elite

I am quite suprised that TFS allowed to post such article..because it naturally arises poltical arguements and misuderstanding...And what might not be offensive to others might be offensive to some..and its a touchy subject religion...

08-11-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
I am quite suprised that TFS allowed to post such article..because it naturally arises poltical arguements and misuderstanding...And what might not be offensive to others might be offensive to some..and its a touchy subject religion...
Dulcisima.. look to post #5

08-11-2005
Away From Here

i love that philosophy - fashion trumps all other considerations!!!!

08-11-2005
fashion elite

Hanne...when I made my statement I was aware of your post...thats why I made it...Isnt Hijab a symbol of Muslim woman? so what is there to talk about in fashion? questions like modesty contradicting the religion and other questions would led to ( not fashion relate talk) and may hurt memebers of that faith..

08-11-2005
Storm & Sommer

Dulcisima as long as the thread proceeds in a civilized manner, I don't see a problem with this thread. There is so much focus on "western" fashion, I think it is nice for once to hear about fashion statements that are not traditionally western.

08-11-2005
Away From Here

i think actually, that the lebanese designer Elie Saab had a lot to do with creating awarness about muslim influence on fashion...due mainly to the fact that a lot of couture customers come from middle-eastern countries...
i noticed that he makes a lot of transitional pieces, as in they can easily be modified to be worn in a less or more covered up fashion...it's amazing what buying power can do, eh?!!:p
some examples....(all style.com, elie saab spring 2005 couture)

08-11-2005
fashion elite

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the golden one...

08-11-2005
Away From Here

more....syle.com (elie saab fall 2004 couture)

08-11-2005
fashion elite

Hanne I hope it will be carried out in a civilized manner...
because i noticed a few mockery comments

08-11-2005
Away From Here

yah, i like some of his dresses although they are a little over the top for me, but hey, like i said, muslims and middle-easterners for some reasons have an insane affinity for gilded things!!!:p

08-11-2005
Away From Here

i'm sure it will stay civilized...hopefully
a good example of a fashionable muslim woman is of course queen rania of jordon...personally (not for religious reasons ) i like it when she wears a headscarf, cause it proves that you CAN look stylish with it on! something i struggle with everyday, trust me!
(all from her thread in star style)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chic, hijab