How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2010
tfs star

I know that, just wondering whether it's considered to be like cheating or something. Like saying you're a non-smoker when you actually smoke on the weekends (I know, worst comparison ever!).

10-12-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspistol View Post
I know that, just wondering whether it's considered to be like cheating or something. Like saying you're a non-smoker when you actually smoke on the weekends (I know, worst comparison ever!).
It's a personal thing, like just between you and God. Wearing the scarf is compulsory but everything else is optional. So if you sort of wear the scarf Monday to Friday but leave it off weekends, it's your choice.

I know loads of girls who wear the hijab but when it comes to social events such as their birthday, friends birthday, wedding; they take it off. It's your choice. Don't know how to explain it, maybe someone else can do a better job.

03-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspistol View Post
its actually a good comparison. it varies with different cultures which is what gets confusing at times.

front row

I just wanted to say how much I have thoroughly adored reading this thread. I actually began earlier this afternoon and have only just reached the end. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to it since it began - I have learned so much, and just loved the imagery.

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

Found this when browsing style.com and thort belonged here

imitation fw11.jpg

Imitation f/w 11 style.com

off topic ladygodiva nice to see fellow scouser

27-02-2011
backstage pass

that looks more like a balaclava than anything else

01-03-2011
front row

this girl is the definition of hijab chic.

picture: http://lookbook.nu/dina_tokio6

26-06-2011
V.I.P.

wow ^ !

28-06-2011
fashion icon

That girl in #487 looks amazing! This might sound like a bit of a silly question, but what do you think about women who aren't muslim wearing a hijab? Like if they are in a country where it's common or something? Because I've herd of several cases where women have done so.

rising star

#487 post really is an awesome pic.

In Middle East, most foreigners do wear hijab to blend in and out of respect for the local culture. And I think its something very modest and stylish in itself, just think of it as yet another accessory.

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

what do you guys think about non Muslims wearing headscarves for fashion? i think it looks chic/inspiring
miroslava duma

style.com. vogue.it, haute living, celebrity headwear

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

also i don't know if this even counts because it's more retro than islamic but here is kim kardashian

daily mail, socialite life

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

michelle williams in indonesia

politico.com

12-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
#487 post really is an awesome pic.

In Middle East, most foreigners do wear hijab to blend in and out of respect for the local culture. And I think its something very modest and stylish in itself, just think of it as yet another accessory.
When in Rome do as the Romans
The tourists can't enter churches in Rome (and probably in all Itally and more countries) with tank tops or other revealing clothes, is inappropriate and disrespectful. I think the hijab may also be inappropriate in certain situations

^^^was a piece to protect the hairstyle while driving, or from little rain or wind or cold, I have nothing against when is used for that or just because you like it, but right now could look outdated. Those scarves had no religious significance as the hijab have.

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

but Iranian women still wear headscarves, rather than only chadors .. right? ^ personally i think it can still look modest and chic depending on the style

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chic, hijab