How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Jun 13th, 2004 - 2:04 am
i enjoy kind of vintagey vibed clothing... but it seems like everyone is doing it now and its getting overdone. :-\
i think i saw this look on every girl in the east village this weekend...

the only other look i saw was punk...lots of multi colour hair...

13-06-2004
fashion icon

I saw a lovely girl at the park today with a very bohemian style. She pulled it off very well. It was very appealing to the eye until she lifted up her arms and had more armpit hair than my boyfriend

This may seem odd but I find bohemian and hippie styles look best on very thin women.

Ladies that are heavier set always look better in more tailored classy outfits with more solid colors. I find that they look kind of frummpy/bad with bohemian and hippie styles.

I usually mix my stlyes. I'll wear my poncho with a cool pair or Irregualr choice shoes and a celine purse or chanel sunglasses. I like mixing the styles together. I find it suits me

14-06-2004
kabhi alvida

Thanks SoftGrey....

Here are some more pics if anyone wants to see-I wish I could actually post them but having trouble with that:

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/injudesplace...&num=1086308796

Quote:
This may seem odd but I find bohemian and hippie styles look best on very thin women.

Ladies that are heavier set always look better in more tailored classy outfits with more solid colors. I find that they look kind of frummpy/bad with bohemian and hippie styles.
CelineChic I think you maybe right about having to be very skinny to pull off this sort of style-I don't know why but it just looks more natural?!

fashion insider

I looovveee that leather jacket she's wearing...SO cute!
I like her diverse outfits and it's nice to see her using and reusing certain pieces in her outfits, instead of just wearing something once and then shoving it into the closet. Pretty

Last edited by Estella*; 06-08-2006 at 01:57 PM.
14-06-2004
kabhi alvida

This is a good outfit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sienna.jpg (36.1 KB, 197 views)

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 13th, 2004 - 10:10 pm

"starbucks bohemian" is a great way to describe that...
it's the UGGS...
[/quote]
and the shaggy hairstyle

19-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Jun 14th, 2004 - 12:16 pm
This is a good outfit.
i have a vintage br suede jkt for the 60's that i inherited from my mom...it looks remarkably like that...and so do i...except with black hair...and cool sunglasses...

hmmm...

yeah,,,but i'm not as scrawny..she needs a sandwich...imo...

19-06-2004
kabhi alvida

She is drastically thin not an uncommon thing among the notting-hill/chelsea clique

rising star

While I am certainly not rail thin, "bohemian" basically describes my style. Typical outfit: Pink & white polka-dot tunic-y blouse, jeans, Chanel scarf, big earrings from India, lavander clogs. Even though this trend is "out", I don't really care. Jade Jagger is still my style icon.

22-06-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by mayim@Jun 21st, 2004 - 11:11 pm
While I am certainly not rail thin, "bohemian" basically describes my style. Typical outfit: Pink & white polka-dot tunic-y blouse, jeans, Chanel scarf, big earrings from India, lavander clogs. Even though this trend is "out", I don't really care. Jade Jagger is still my style icon.
please post some pics of her then...i'd like to see her style

22-06-2004
windowshopping

i love the bohemian chic look im extremally into it simply because its different. as most girls in my grade walk around in minis and wifebeaters i love wearing my bohemian outfits im deffinitly into this style

26-06-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by paradise07@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:47 pm
i love the bohemian chic look im extremally into it simply because its different. as most girls in my grade walk around in minis and wifebeaters i love wearing my bohemian outfits im deffinitly into this style
What is this w/ 'wife beaters'? I'm from the UK...please tell me...confused!

26-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by superstarjeans+Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superstarjeans @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paradise07@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:47 pm
What is this w/ 'wife beaters'? I'm from the UK...please tell me...confused! [/b][/quote]
OH...I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED THAT QUESTION!!!...

a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...what she is referring to is a TANK TOP>>>!!!

wife beater is an unfortunate term some people adopted to refer to this article of clothing once people told them to stop referriing to it as a guinea tee...which was a derogatory term referring to italian americans...

so ...altogether now...a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...NOT AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING!!!!....

27-06-2004
fashion elite

Bohemian is all right. Hippie..not for me.

front row

I've been into this style for about two years now, but I am finding that everyone is doing it, and on some level that makes it less attractive to me!
Fashion right now is (trying to) scream individualism, but because fashion is a mainstream thing it's a "mismatch" in my eyes! It's very difficult to be different, now that different is in.. I can't really explain it.. hope it makes some sense!

But as I'm getting older (I'm only sixteen, so this sounds really odd), I don't have the same need to stand out! Sometimes it's nice just to be cute and ordinary!!

On the other hand I love dressing up, and I love fashion, but I am glad it's not the only way to express personality, 'cause looks do deceive..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
and or or, bohemian, chic, hippie