How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2010
don't look down

Instead of spending time taking photos of the homeless, that energy could go into doing something for them, but that would involve people getting their hands dirty as they put their compassion into practice. They might come into contact with mental illnesses that aren't currently fashionable. Much safer to stay behind the camera, and when you get bored with the look, go home and change into something else, unlike those who have neither the home nor the clothes.

I can only hope that an interest in this sort of 'street fashion' motivates some people to donate clothing to appropriate places - but then again, maybe it would too much of a bummer to see tramps wearing something deemed so last season. You wouldn't get any inspirational photography from that! Because that's what matters the most!

Last edited by tigerrouge; 24-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.

27-04-2010
trendsetter

My grandpa runs an organisation, that helpes homeless people, so I'm very that people are glamourizing their lifestyle.

I see the misery everyday and if you get to know those people, you'll learn that there's nothing glamorous about their lives.

So stop idolizing and start helping them.

V.I.P.

Rags to riches movie fame for homeless man who became 'China's sexiest tramp'

By Carol Driver
Last updated at 9:41 AM on 20th July 2010

The extraordinary life story of a Chinese homeless man who shot to fame after his photo was posted on the internet is to be made into a movie.
Cheng Guorong became an unlikely sex symbol after he was forced on to the streets when he was fired from his job and robbed of his savings.
The 34-year-old was snapped by an amateur photographer as he wandered the streets, begging for food and rummaging in bins for cigarette butts last year.
He was wearing a long faux leather jacket, colourful fabric as a belt as well as Ugg-style boots.
With his long unkempt hair, scraggly beard and prominent cheekbones, Mr Cheng was dubbed ‘China’s sexiest tramp’ and ‘Brother Sharp’ when the images of him were posted online in January.
His distinctive look caught the eye of the photographer as Mr Cheng walked the streets of Ningbo, east China.
He moved there in 1996 to find work to support his wife and two children – but was too ashamed to contact his family after he lost his job and his savings.
His relatives thought he was dead until they saw the images on the internet.
Mr Cheng returned home for the first time in 14 years – only to discover both his father and his wife had been killed in a car crash.
Since his virtual fame, Mr Cheng, who has been left shy and withdrawn after his experiences, has received offers to appear in advertisements and he has also worked as a catwalk model.
His caring fans have also donated 100,000 yuan (£10,000) to help him get his life on track.
Now, Mr Cheng’s incredible rags-to-riches story is to be told on the big screen, with filming for a movie due to start in September.
Chinese producer, Deng Jianguo, is set to tell the tale in a script which will be adapted from a book written by his cousin. The film, due to be released in February 2011, is estimated to raise £7million.
A family spokesman for Mr Cheng told the Telegraph: ‘It will be a sad story, but at the end there will be the happiness of a family reunion.
‘[Mr Cheng] is very different to how he was before. He has not yet passed out of the shadows that have accumulated.’

dailymail

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chinese, fashion, homeless, icon, internet, man