How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2004
fashion insider

I love this polo sweater. I think i may purchase it.

Last edited by TheSweetest; 20-10-2006 at 07:53 AM.

26-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSweetest@Jun 25th, 2004 - 8:15 pm
i can't believe I forgot to reply with photos. here's one and I WILL be uploading more....Gosh! I feel like such a liar!
OH I love that....nice, clean colors...where is that from?

26-06-2004
within an embrace

I suppose I'm dress prep/sophisticated with an edge. A little of the Olsens, a little Kirsten Dunst (although that's mostly when she's casual...I saw a picture of her wearing the nearly same thing I often wear - button down shirts with a ragged-hem miniskirt, and I'll roll up the sleeves and wear a leather cuff on one wrist.

I think H Hilfiger has some good "prep" items - I recently bought a sky blue and gold striped blazer from them that has a fantastic fit that looks great with a simple white, beige or blue tank top and my favourite Abercrombie miniskirt.

For polos, I lean towards Lacoste, Abercrombie, Hollister, and Polo Ralph Lauren (although for RL, they need to be slim fit).

I think prep is good, as long as you add one or two items which kind of jazz it up a bit...at least, for myself, that's the rule I follow.

27-06-2004
fashion insider

that first look i posted was by club monaco

fashion insider

i also love this style minus the shoes. they are way too bulky for my taste. i would have to wear them with something else.

Last edited by TheSweetest; 20-10-2006 at 07:53 AM.
27-06-2004
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSweetest@Jun 27th, 2004 - 1:13 am
i also love this style minus the shoes. they are way too bulky for my taste. i would have to wear them with something else.
I LOOVE that one.
With the pointy pumps it's more of a power woman look..I'd wear it with ballet flats.
Wait..I'm trying to imagine pink ballet flats with that

rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by prixi+Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (prixi @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheSweetest@Jun 27th, 2004 - 1:13 am
I LOOVE that one.
With the pointy pumps it's more of a power woman look..I'd wear it with ballet flats.
Wait..I'm trying to imagine pink ballet flats with that [/b][/quote]
I can totally vision the outfit with ballet flats... satin pale pink ballet flats. Much better than the chunky black shoes as shown in the pic.

trendsetter

I like the Ralph Lauren V-neck sweaters and an open dress shirt underneath. You can get them in all diff. kinds of colours.

28-06-2004
scenester

Hmmm , let me see , I almost like always wear a red and black mini kilt , a black ramones t-shirt , have orange hair ( well TODAY i do anyway ) wear usualy red and black stiped tights or over knees and Doc martins . Would then make me the ANTI-prep ?

fashion insider

Quote:
Hmmm , let me see , I almost like always wear a red and black mini kilt , a black ramones t-shirt , have orange hair ( well TODAY i do anyway ) wear usualy red and black stiped tights or over knees and Doc martins . Would then make me the ANTI-prep ?
I think Doc Martins were the origional Prep shoe and probably still are

backstage pass

really? cuz even their 'classic' ones that don't change look too, i dunno, not preppy to me.

IMHO preppy shoes for guys are classic oxfords, white bucks, driving shoes, boat shoes, classic looking loafers etc.

17-09-2005
V.I.P.

I love the preppy look, especially Lacoste shirts.

20-09-2005
windowshopping

haha way to resurrect an old thread!!

but i agree, lacoste is great

20-09-2005
urd
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespell
I have recently gotten into the sophisticated sexy look. Being in highschool I am surrounded by the teen version of "sexy". The other day, my friend wore tight low rise jeans, and a tiny tight top with huge hoop earrings, plus glitter eyeliner. I wore a high waisted pink pinstriped pencil skirt, a crisp white button up shirt and light pink pumps. My hair was down in soft waves and my only make up was mascara and cream blush.

I had some people tell me I looked sexy, but classy, not trashy. Yay. I felt like such a grown up.

As for preppy, I just bought a sleevless pink argyle sweater.
your outfit sounds so great

20-09-2005
windowshopping

Preppy Style - The Essentials
What do you think are the essentials of the preppy style?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ivy, league or preppy, style