Jeans Tucked Into Boots - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2003
backstage pass

LOL. I don't like this trend either.

I guess I am too picky.

19-11-2003
backstage pass

gotta have a lean look to pull off this style, doesn't matter if you're 6'1" or 5'1"

21-11-2003
rising star

it s a fantastic way for taller girls to hide that their jeans are a little on the short side,a snd as such i love it, i feel it works in different ways i have worn it with baggier jeans and kitten heel boots, and i also wore some plain khaki army surplus pants tucked into pitate boots whick actually looked very smart

21-11-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

'Tis perfect for my new Sendra cowboy boots. I have a nice 26" waist (that's quite slim for a man) so I should be etiolated enough not to look like a prat.

tfs star

I like the look..both Kate and Posh pull it off well..but I'm unsure if I could actually pull it off!

21-11-2003
front row

i wear my pants like that all the time . i it.

22-11-2003
fashion insider

i like the look a lot, but i have never tried it. and it's true that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. some jeans have that great effect and some just aren't for that style at all!

Jocelyn

front row

This is a hard one.

I mean it could be done so cute, however there is sooooooo much room for failure.

24-11-2003
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 4th, 2003 - 7:00 pm
Quote:
to pull my socks over my pants
which also started two years ago see Champs Elysees, it still goes with parisian guys from the neighborhood's. there is nothing to understand it's just a getto style,
a boy euro-gangsta thing
I used to do that in middle school

01-12-2003
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Oct 29th, 2003 - 3:54 pm
i like it too....

ever since I was little i liked the equestrian look... and this is in a way a variation of that.
good eye...i completely agree.

and if kate does it, it's a legitimate trend, the end.

backstage pass

funny, i actually wore my jeans tucked into a pair of black stiletto boots today. sometimes i wear them tucked into high fluffy slippers or eskimo-ish boots, it looks sexy. haha.

05-12-2003
windowshopping

i like the look, it's a nice change from the norm. it is very easy to mess up tho; you have to be meticulous about how the jeans fit into the boots otherwise you will end up looking slobby.

07-12-2003
windowshopping

I remember the jeans tucked into boots or "cossack look" being huge in the late 80s and early 90s. This little girl who cut my hair embraced it for about a year and it looked great on her 5'3" 108 lb. body.

Her boots were knee high with a black matte finish from Dillards with flat heels. Not shiny at all, which I think is better for this look.

The jeans were tight and I always thought that a turtleneck looked best for an accompanying shirt.

I enjoy the cossack look on women because it brings to mind adventerous, exciting things like horseback riding, sci-fi adventures and motorcycles. And, well, I dare say I think women look more "powerful" when they are showing off their boots this way. I don't understand why you would want to hide a tall pair of boots under your jeans or pants.

Sadly my boot loving hair stylist suddenly abandoned her psuedo-equestrain look look after a year or so. It happened at the same time her active dating life stopped and she started living with a guy for the next couple of years. I guess since she was through chasing guys for the time being that "the hunt" was over and it was time to trade the boots in for sensible, bland shoes.

06-11-2005
windowshopping

I am with you...If you feel comfortable and can pull it off you can tuck your jeans/pants/tights into boots with any heel height. I prefer higher heels because it makes your legs look longer...I do believe that you have to have a thin body to pull it off with stilettos...I have been doing it ever since I saw Kate tuck her boots in a couple of years ago...

06-11-2005
front row

If you're petite and mid-calf boots aren't flattering w/that look, Cathy Jean Shoes stores in malls have some very slouchy soft black discreet leather cowboy boots a little shorter that is I think a little more flattering to short legs.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, jeans, tucked