Jeans Tucked Into Boots - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-11-2005
follow the lights

I love that look..

.. but i've seen a lot of girls do it with a pair of pointy boots, which in my opinion is

13-11-2005
V.I.P.

Low waist skinny jeans with knee high boots like Sienna Miller and 100000000000000 other trendy girls with they Fendi Spy bag...!?

NO THANKS!

13-11-2005
NOE
trendsetter

Alright, so I just got some great tall wedge boots and I want to try this tucked into jeans look... BUT here's my issue... the boots are hard to zip up as it is, let alone before adding all that jean material in there.... What can I do? Maybe buy a jean capri and roll it up a bit outside of the boot?

windowshopping

remember this scary trend few years brck, when tracsuits mated with jeans, leaving those hideous things looking like jeans and having stripes at the side seams. picture these tucked in kneehigh black stretch boots. on a middle aged woman at a supermarket. things like this mark the ends of trends (it is about looking fresh, not about the decision that wearing boots under the pants like we did the last ten years, is ugly.)

14-11-2005
backstage pass

NOE...they make skinny jeans that work awesomely tucked into boots. Try Earnest Sewn or Sass & Bide, I'm sure other brands make them as well. They call them "cigarette legs" or "stovepipes" or "drain pipes".

I personally still love this look...I know I didn't spend like $900+ on my beautiful beloved Chloé boots just to hide them under pants...

Last edited by shopsmuch; 14-11-2005 at 04:23 PM.

14-11-2005
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopsmuch
NOE...they make skinny jeans that work awesomely tucked into boots. Try Earnest Sewn or Sass & Bide, I'm sure other brands make them as well. They call them "cigarette legs" or "stovepipes" or "drain pipes".

I personally still love this look...I know I didn't spend like $900+ on my beautiful beloved Chloé boots just to hide them under pants...
Thanks for the advice. I've looked into the skinny jeans before, BUT my boots are REALLY hard to zip up on my calfs alone... I mean, I don't even think I could wear a fishnet stocking under em, let alone friggin denim

Unveil Yourself....

I am so sick of this look. I've seen way too many times and I have hated it since the first time I saw it. A lot of 'trendy' girls wear this with tight jeans and knee high black boots.. preferably with a pointy noise. Yuck... It makes their legs looks so much bigger or smaller then they actually are when it is worn like that. I don't get why they don't see it theirselfs....

twitter.com/ErikP87
22-11-2005
tfs star

I think ladies are chic with wide-legged culottes/gaucho pants and nicely-heeled boots. Some flood pants and cute pumps are a fashion plus to me. However, I don't think I've seen a cute look with jeans/pants tucked into boots.

What are those comfy short boots called... mukluks? I don't really think the look is cute. Not as much as I'm being fond of wide-legged culottes/gaucho pants with heeled boots, maybe even platformed and heeled boots as well. I've seen about only one case of a lady looking good in tall boots tucked into jeans or pants, and this comes from an unlikely source. With the NFL fever spreading all around America, there was a beer commercial (I don't know if it's okay to talk about beer companies, so let's name this an anonymous company) which had a bunch of NFL-style referees practicing their little routines. One of the scenes was sort of a ski resort scenario where this one lady was in white skiing or snowboarding pants, but wore these really fluffy boots. The fluffy boots were more like those rather expensive UGG Fluff Momma boots, only taller. To know what I'm talking about, have a look at the UGG Fluff Momma boots in detail at: http://www.coolantarctica.com/Shop/U..._ugg_boots.htm .

But honestly, I probably only see these boots ONLY working with more body-hugging pants and not jeans. That's my call, but you can comment at will. If I get to see moe pictures of pants and UGG Fluff Momma-type boots to go with it, then I'll comment in the future.

23-11-2005
front row

i love that look

23-11-2005
windowshopping

I love this look...
although I think the whole pointy toed boots thing is too played out.
I think it looks good when the whole look is sort of messy and not
so preconceived. And on shorter people, like myself, midcalf boots
definitely make the legs look lengthier.

Boots make me feel powerful and commanding

23-11-2005
windowshopping

I love the look and don't believe it is a fad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFeline
I love this look...
although I think the whole pointy toed boots thing is too played out.
I think it looks good when the whole look is sort of messy and not
so preconceived. And on shorter people, like myself, midcalf boots
definitely make the legs look lengthier.

Boots make me feel powerful and commanding
As they say..."To each his or her own" I am wearing more rounded toe boots now as opposed to my pointy stiletto boots when tucking my jeans into my boots! but, I prefer to wear my pointy toe boots when wearing mini skirts or pants/jeans over the boots. It is a more sophisticated look and adds an edge to your outfit. It is all about being confident in how you dress and present yourself.

25-11-2005
tfs star

Still, though. I'm not real big on the look. If I was a girl, I'd likely want to show off the length of my jeans be it bootcut, flared, bellbottom (some of my favorite on ladies), or anything past the ankles. To me, I think the look is there to resemble a lady wearing tall, comfortable winter boots as if they are trudging through feet of snow. I can understand what the look sort of signifies, but in terms of the look itself in trying to stand out among others, it's not too appealing to me.

25-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale
Yuck... It makes their legs looks so much bigger or smaller then they actually are when it is worn like that. I don't get why they don't see it theirselfs....
I agree it does skew the way the legs look..and indeed looks too contrived when worn in a mild environment..
I think, however, its very practical for when it snows though.. your jean cuffs never need to get slushy and wet.
its sad that it is being played out as a trend.. the surest way to become sick of something..

25-11-2005
rising star

i wear uggs (yes, still) and always have my pants tucked in. partly 'cause it looks better that way, but mostly for practical reasons ie. not getting my jeans all salty and messy from the snow.

as for stiletto boots, etc, i think it looks good when pants are tucked into them, but it also looks better over the boots also!

25-11-2005
trendsetter

I really love to tuck my jeans into boots (especially in winter, because I hate it when the ends of the jeans get wet because of rain/snow)
I started with this over a year ago..

but it seems to become a huge trend this winter..
and I've seen a lot of missinterpreations...
jeans that are far too wide to tuck into boots..it looks best with skinny jeans!!!
or boots that are too tight..
and this style doesn't work for all kinds of boots either..

Last edited by scara; 25-11-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, jeans, tucked