How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2010
scenester

i think its the whole leggings-as-pants look that people dont like. i wear my leggings with something that covers my butt..they arent pants, after all!

03-09-2010
scenester

^^I agree with WonderfulTonight, leggings as pants are horrible but as long you cover up your hips and don't show your ankles I think leggings can be very comfortable and they can be pretty too

04-09-2010
windowshopping

I don't mind leggings of any kind, as long as they cover the hips. The leggings as pants look is just... weird.

V.I.P.

I agree I hate leggings as pants

21-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velony View Post
Don't move to Germany. Leather pants are not really embraced here either (unless you wear the ones they have in Bavaria at Oktoberfest but those have nothing to do with designer leather pants). Maybe Berlin is a little more open about fashion in general but Hamburg is definitely not. It's very conservative and 10 years behind fashion wise. I always get stares especially when wearing high heels or extravagant shoes in general. I do have a nice pair of Topshop Unique leather leggings and I never regretted that purchase because I just love them but I must also admit that I haven't gotten much wear out of them either. It's very daring to wear them on the street during the day even when trying to dress them down as much as possible. I wish I could move to a more fashion foward place .... sigh.
Here in Germany it really depends where you live. Normally you might think Bavaria should be very conservative but Munich fpor example is really not. Of course you get stares from other peaople, but why care about them? Some years ago I even got stares hen wearing just a black jacket. I think you get stares everytime, but you become more sebsitive when wearing special items (just because you think you mitght get stares).

But back to topic: some days I found some interesting looks from a guy living in Munich who also wears leather pants in a way I think I will also try:

(flickr.com)

front row

Leather pants are orgasmic!!!!
I don't like latex though. It looks cheap, it doesn't let the skin breath and you smell horrible after you take the pants off!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowOfCulloden View Post
Leather pants are orgasmic!!!!
I don't like latex though. It looks cheap, it doesn't let the skin breath and you smell horrible after you take the pants off!
I agree. Leather pants are one of the greatest things I've ever discovered. I love them. It's a bit unfortunate that leather pants and latex leggings [not that I've ever worn those ] got lumped together in the same subject on this forum. They're not the same thing at all.

05-12-2010
scenester

I love leather pants, i have some thick black latex leggings too. But i do cover the booty with a top.

05-12-2010
front row

I miss wearing my wet look leggings, they arent toooo shiny though, they actually look more like leather!

Its waaay too hot right now to wear them though...unless i wanted sweat off like 50 pounds!

windowshopping

Leather-like leggings can spice up a simple look...Olivia Palermo is spotted often in the leather leggings. I really like this trend!

windowshopping

I was obsessed with this trend after seeing The Row's video featuring them a while back, but I decided it was just too impractical (and costly) since I'm currently a college student. I did however purchase a pair of black satin pants which I think are fashionable and sort of in the same line of type as leather pants, in looks at least.

17-12-2010
once more, with feeling

^That's a good idea. I like the look of leather pants, but I'm not sure I'd like it on myself unless I was riding a motorcycle. Satin has a similar glossy, dressed-up look without the dirty connotations of leather pants (and I mean dirty in a good, edgy way and a bad way).

rising star

i own a pair from h&m and i really do not wear them often. i kind of regret ever purchasing them :/

29-12-2010
backstage pass

^ haha me too. i think i've worn mine like, 4 times max. i like the idea, but i don't think they really work for me

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin View Post
^ haha me too. i think i've worn mine like, 4 times max. i like the idea, but i don't think they really work for me
No regrets for me. I could be nuts, but I think the popularity of the over-knee boots with the ladies [they're everywhere] has give the "leather look" a boost. It seems like looks that were once considered trashy or fetishy are now in the mainstream. In any case, I certainly don't get nearly as many odd looks with my leather pants as I did a couple of years ago. It's great to be outside of the mold and all, but it's also nice to not feel like a nut

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, latex, leather, leggings, pants