How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2009
I don't know

Leather S/S 10
lots of leather, mostly in Paris

especially leather skirts have been popular

Celine

Givenchy

style

06-10-2009
I don't know

Ann Demeulemeester

style

06-10-2009
I don't know

YSL

Costume National

style.com

07-10-2009
scenester

Bring it on; it's my favourite thing. Really cool to see it popping up in summer collections.

I love it when leather is "dressed up". I think it's almost an undiscovered luxury fashion item in North America, because so many people here are stuck on the idea that it's a fetish thing or for bikers. The once-risky leather jacket is mainstream now, but is still cool. I'm hoping to see the day when leather pants and skirts will be seen as cool, but acceptable, rather than a fashion crime or a statement of sexual preference.

I'm doing my part: I'm wearing my Ari Soffer leather pants right now at my office. Sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but pffft...I don't care

10-10-2009
windowshopping

+1 i love it!
YSL the 4th pic is OOOH MY!!!!!

what do you think what is more trendy now - to wear thin leather or really thick (like rockers do)?
i don't like too thin leather. it seems like it's not real. i like when it's thick but not too much!
what do you think about leather dresses? mmm?

p.s. sorry for my poor english

20-10-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by killpennylane View Post
+1 i love it!
YSL the 4th pic is OOOH MY!!!!!

what do you think what is more trendy now - to wear thin leather or really thick (like rockers do)?
i don't like too thin leather. it seems like it's not real. i like when it's thick but not too much!
what do you think about leather dresses? mmm?

p.s. sorry for my poor english
I used to think that all really high quality leather was lambskin or kidskin, and I certainly love both. But, the problem with leather that's so light and soft is damage. In fact, I've scratched lambskin pants simply by sitting on a rough wooden chair.

However, I recenlty bought a pair of calfskin leather pants made by Ari Soffer, who is based in LA and makes *very* high-end custom clothing and jewlery. Now, I can see that mid-weight [semi-thick] leather can be just as luxurious as lambskin, perhaps even moreso. The only problem is that it's extremely expensive. Given a choice, I prefer the calfskin leather because it's thick enought to withstand regular wearing without having to worry that sitting on a chair will scratch them

23-10-2009
backstage pass

I'm loving the leather.

Leather always looks good.

I appreciate good leather.

27-10-2009
THE STRANGER

I LOVE the leather skirt used in the Ann Demeulemeester show! It would look great with black tights underneath! Does anybody know where you can purchase a clone... for cheaper?

09-11-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666tubeamp View Post
I used to think that all really high quality leather was lambskin or kidskin, and I certainly love both. But, the problem with leather that's so light and soft is damage. In fact, I've scratched lambskin pants simply by sitting on a rough wooden chair.

However, I recenlty bought a pair of calfskin leather pants made by Ari Soffer, who is based in LA and makes *very* high-end custom clothing and jewlery. Now, I can see that mid-weight [semi-thick] leather can be just as luxurious as lambskin, perhaps even moreso. The only problem is that it's extremely expensive. Given a choice, I prefer the calfskin leather because it's thick enought to withstand regular wearing without having to worry that sitting on a chair will scratch them
love the Demeulemeester stuff. interesting tube amp. love your name by the way!

10-11-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
I LOVE the leather skirt used in the Ann Demeulemeester show! It would look great with black tights underneath! Does anybody know where you can purchase a clone... for cheaper?
yeah i would love to know to!!! ive been searching for one for ages!! theres an absolutely gorgeous helmut lang one which is tdf!

that costume national jacket is stunning too! yum yum yummy

10-11-2009
Fashion Designer

i love the way its styled, it does look ver summery and feminine

11-11-2009
front row

Leather for this winter sounds really good, with some chunky knits. I'm annoyed that I passed on a leather skirt that was on sale at H&m the other day.

V.I.P.

I loved the camel leather pieces at Cťline.. makes me wish I had bought the boxy, faux-leather top that H&M had a couple seasons ago. duh.
Anyway, this looks like a lovely trend to starting warming up for the new season in late winter and spring, otherwise.. unless you spend your summers in siberia, I doubt it's very comfortable.

girl who fell to earth

^^ so true mullet :p

i remember seeing so much leather on the catwalks but didn't give much though to the fact that these were S/S shows...

the celine pieces are so great

14-11-2009
rising star

Well, talking about leather, you can maybe buy some fake that looks real :p It isn't as expensive and well, it looks just the same, except you don't smell like it... Some leathers stink :p

but... i looooved the Costume National leather jacket, in the second picture

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, leather, s or s