How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2009
doldrums

Even though I'm not a huge fan of animal prints. Leopard printed coats never really went away.

18-12-2009
windowshopping

I think it depends on the print and the make of the coat. If not made nicely they can look really cheap. But otherwise I think they are cute, not something I would wear though

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

jeannedamas.blogspot.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0381.JPG (227.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0391.JPG (162.8 KB, 23 views)

18-12-2009
rising star

OH I really love love love that coats !!!!! but This coats are exhausted in Spain, well in Valencia sure!

rock-chic

I just love leopard print full stop! I already have a vintage leopard print coat, but I bought a new one today which I love and will get lots of wear from. They are really versatile as they can be so easily dressed up or down.

don't look down

When it comes to real fur, not every 'leopard print' coat is made from leopard, which tends to be rather scratchy and hard - the hides I've encountered would have been better suited as rugs, they were like goatskin, if you've ever felt that type of hide.

If you want to check it out before you spend your money on it, go to any museum which has a natural history collection and there should be some taxidermy where you can see the nature of the skin, and how coarse it is over most of the animal, with softer sections on the underside, but certainly not dense enough to quality as plush.

If you see someone wearing a soft and supple-looking fur with a leopard print, chances are that it's lynx, and given the price of those, anyone wanting to emulate that look would be better off getting a coat made from a different type of fur (like rabbit) which has been artfully patterned as leopard print.

The legality of buying and selling real leopard will vary from country to country, but generally, it's not a great idea. Because it's such a rare skin, there is a sense of the forbidden about it - but the reality is bristles and stiffness. You're far better off with faux, on every count, from your bank account to your conscience.

rising star

I have a faux leopard print fur trench coat. Love it. It has simple lines and features so it is timeless. But leopard print goes in and out about every 3 years it seems. Unfortunately, with any animal print, some are done well, some are terrible. You have to look at the quality of the print, the material etc.

I was inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and her leopard print coat. She wore it with a simple black outfit of I remember correctly. That's how to wear an animal print, simply.

22-12-2009
Riot Bug

i saw a coat with that print in Zara... ive got like with that print as its been said its timeless but the coat its like... i have a light jacket and so but... im not sure... maybe on sales... not really enthusiastic about this trend right now... no matter ive got recently a belt with that print... but i guess i saw that coat too much everywhere thats why im not very into it...

fashion insider

I didn't like it too much but I caved and bought one when I saw this.

shopnastygal

22-12-2009
V.I.P.

^^beautiful pinkprincess

26-12-2009
rising star

pinkprincess I loveeeee that coat! I think I've been interested in this leopard thing as soon as I saw those LV scarves that were everywhere (And still are), but this year really made me fall in love with the coats and the faux furs that look kind of crazy and vintage. I got a cheap one to try and satiate my need, but clearly it wasn't enough because I'm still hunting for the perfect one!

26-12-2009
rising star

OMG , Santa Claus gave me one of zara ,hahahahahaha i'm so so happy!

V.I.P.

I like the styling really cute
chictopia.com

26-12-2009
V.I.P.

chicintuition.com

26-12-2009
V.I.P.

thefashionreview.files.wordpress.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
coats, leopard