How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2006
V.I.P.

All of my tops are oversized as they are all too big lol so ive been doing this for years lol ... not outa choice tho i hate my tops falling off me.

17-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita85
speaking of loose tshirts...does anyone know how to purposely make teeshirts look worn in..im not talking about ripped or with holes cuz thats cliche but like thin and really soft? does it just take a ton of washes with fabric softener or what?
Vigorously handscrub them with some caustic soap?

18-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam
Vigorously handscrub them with some caustic soap?
Good Idea! But what is caustic soap???

Does that really work?

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

you can't start off with too course of a tee shirt. even my beat up tanks that ive washed a trillion times from hanes don't work..
but say..a basic white men's tee...let it soak in water with soap and softener. remember softener stains, so don't put it directly on it..
then get a bucket with half a bottle of bleach and let it sit in there with the rest as water fo an hour...rinse and dunk back in the soap mixture to get bleach off..then wash regular...

20-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinemotion
you can't start off with too course of a tee shirt. even my beat up tanks that ive washed a trillion times from hanes don't work..
but say..a basic white men's tee...let it soak in water with soap and softener. remember softener stains, so don't put it directly on it..
then get a bucket with half a bottle of bleach and let it sit in there with the rest as water fo an hour...rinse and dunk back in the soap mixture to get bleach off..then wash regular...
You are a genius.

21-01-2006
101st monkey airborne

Generra and Theory make nicely broken-in loose Ts. I do have trouble paying $80 for a T-shirt, so I usually pick these up at places like Marshall's or Loehmann's. I still cringe paying $40...

21-01-2006
front row

i always believe in fashion,if you got a side that is tight,the other should be loose..so if your wearing skinny jeans,team it up with a loose top and so on.

i actually did a creative move with a top of mine which became a bit too loose,i tied it to show my tummy a bit and it looked nice with jeans

21-01-2006
trendsetter

Wait a minute, when was the soft, long, flowy t shirt not around? Maybe it wasn't a verifiable trend, but it's always been popular, and even survived the onslaught the Belly-Button Years. So comfortable, flattering, and chic.

21-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowdrama
Generra and Theory make nicely broken-in loose Ts. I do have trouble paying $80 for a T-shirt, so I usually pick these up at places like Marshall's or Loehmann's. I still cringe paying $40...
You're not alone.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion1001
You are a genius.
thanks

21-01-2006
barack the vote

I think it only looks good when you pair it with skinnies, to balance out proportions.

It also looks hot on really skinny guys

21-01-2006
fashion icon

yes, this supposedly new trend has been around for a while

i think it makes people look shorter- creates a longer torso and shorter legs... which i hate...

21-01-2006
mme
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking
yes, this supposedly new trend has been around for a while

i think it makes people look shorter- creates a longer torso and shorter legs... which i hate...
I can agree that it creates a longer torso/ shorter legs, but I love this trend!! I either have to wear a belt overtop, or colourblock it (layer something shorter over the longer shirt). I think this works better for short people like me :p

22-01-2006
V.I.P.

I love the loose top look, but not too loose and looks even greater with tight fitted pants.

22-01-2006
scenester

I like the look on a lot of people, but I don't like it on me. I'm built very "hourglass" like, and I just look thick with a looser top.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
loose, tshirts